What's new
What's new

Clutch problem. Large wave washers from wire or sheet spring. Who sells em?

viper

Titanium
IN a nutshell, we are having a problem with a clutch pack not wanting to disengage so I want to put small wire type wave washers in to help push the plates apart when the clutch is disengages. this is a multi plate system.

Inner diam of plate is 4.4" and compressed thickness cannot exceed .100". I do not have an est of force just yet. Hoping to find someone that makes them and has plenty of selection on standard sizes. They do NOT have to be seamless. I am envisioning an oiler ring from a piston but less wavy.

Ideas?

You might visit a transmission shop to see what they have laying around. I've rebuilt a Chrysler 727, 904 and variety of GM's many years ago. I do remember clusters of coil springs to facilitate release. I do remember a wavy one some where in there but it's purpose may have been in the stack to soften the engagement. My mind is kinda fuzzy about things that far back. If the tranny shop fails you you might get some music wire and practice bending a few and see what happens. I'm curious that it would be without a release spring, what's it in?

Good Luck,

Robin

Back