What's new
What's new

OT, Scrapping a Lincoln tig 300/300 welder

Shaybuilder

Cast Iron
My old tig300/300 welder has taken a shit. The high frequency stays on all the time so I am going to junk it since I bought a new Miller. The question is, is there enough copper in this old machine to make it worth my while to strip it out before I take it to the junkie? This thing weight like a ton of bricks.

Put it on Craigslist or Facebook marketplace and sell it. There is plenty of welding that can be done with HF stuck on. Or there are people like me that like getting good deals on equipment with a few electrical gremlins and will fix it up.

My old tig300/300 welder has taken a shit. The high frequency stays on all the time so I am going to junk it since I bought a new Miller.

Did you check the switch on the front is working properly? Contacts in it could just be stuck or metal grit build up keeping continuity on the outside of the switch or elsewhere.
Agree that you should try and sell it, someone should buy it for more than scrap value, especially if it all works, even with hi freq on.
Does it turn off if you set it to stick mode?

Do you have a remote amperage control pedal for it?

I'm looking for one for my 300/300. If be interested in buying yours or at least finding a part number for it.

Thanks, Lewis

Back