What's new
What's new

thank a vet

Status
Not open for further replies.

todd goff

Hot Rolled
Just got to thinking earlier about what today is. It really bothered me when I realized that on this date in 1941 that our country was thrust into war with Japan when they bombed Pearl Harbor. Haven't really watched the news today or listened to the radio much, so it kind of snuck up on me. Anyhow, that's enough on that subject. I guess my point that I am trying to make is this; there aren't many ol' boys left that fought in WW 11, and the ones that are left now probably don't remember much about WW11. Not trying to belittle the vets from WW 11, my grandaddy fought in it, but he has alzheimers and does good remembering who I am. What I am trying to say, though, is this; if you know a vet from WW 11 that has a good memory, then try to talk to them and take the time to listen to their stories, they fought like hell and when they are gone so is part of our history. Anyway, sorry to get on my soapbox, but to any vets on the forum want to say " Thanks!!!"

Well said Todd,

Most of the old guys from WW2 over here are well into their 80's, my 2 older brothers who were there, have passed on, (,natural causes ), but they did not say too much about their war.

Best regards to all the vets, old & new, from Melbourne,Australia,.. they helped save our arses.

AAB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back