What's new
What's new

Carla called me

Forrest Addy

Diamond
I no more got home than the phone started ringing. Carla called to tell me my friends on PM were concerned about my health. Sorry, I should have posted something but a family emergency called me away to a place where computers have no place. Well - there was an Arari with an accourtic coupler modem. I came home for some clothes and logged on to see about a thousand eMails and a long string of posts I hadn't read yet. I passed on that because I had to go back to the boondocks. Then, having quenched the family brushfire, there was snow storm and a rain storm and right after a river flooded the road home. I've never been immobilized by a flood before - not even a little one. It changes your perspective. For a couple of weeks now my life has been one of those "It was a dark and stormy night..." episodes.

Anyway, I'm fine even though I came home pretty fatigued, showed up for a doctor appt, and grabbed 40 winks. My sister used to referee family hassles. Now that she's gone it's become my job and one I'm not suited for. Those of you who have met me know that I tire easily. I'll be a day or two resting up and then I'll be back to my blathering and pontificating.

Don't go away.

Good to hear Forest

I had to call my sister up in Olympia because of the weather in that neck of the woods.

Hi Forrest, glad your back and feel free to blather and pontificate all you want to.

Hope you rest up well and get over the problems. You all sure have had some bad weather out there. I guess it's the greenhouse effect:rolleyes:, or maybe not;). Anyway, rest up and I know how it feels to be the family refferee.

Welcome back.

I was in a similar situation in my family. It’s no fun. Luckily, I am out of favor at the moment so life is quiet.

If you needed some help getting caught up you could probably find some folks fairly local to drop by on a Saturday. I, for one, would be honored to meet you.

Tom

Whew, was a little concerned for your wellbeing ... from 12000 miles away !

I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing to have such global reach, from your point of view!

Anyway, welcome back, and hope someone steps up to the plate on resolving family issues, so you can get back to things you want to do and things you do well

Back