What's new
What's new

Capacity Planning & Shop Floor Controls

cndu

Plastic
Hi All,

I am Bhargav from Hyderabad, India. We have been running our shop floor for the past 15 years without any ISO or such documentation. Recently a close friend approached me for some order and he wanted to me fill a sheet and send him, also, to get that order, I have to be an ISO certified, for which I am paying. But, I have to create some documents that I have been maintaining Files/ Sheets for Capacity Planning, Shop Floor Controls, Customer Satisfaction Metrics, Internal Audits, EDI and such exhausting stuff.

Request you to share any document which you follow for Quality Management System.

Thank You in advance.

Best Regards
Bhargav

Which ISO certification are you paying for? It should not be an ongoing process. Are you only going to fill out paperwork to make it look good? Any certification process should specify the document trail. Something smells here.

Ed.

Hi, I am applying for ISO9001 and meanwhile, I want to know about Quality Management System and what documents do people use.

Which ISO certification are you paying for? It should not be an ongoing process. .....

Ed.

ISO (pick your number) QC cert is always an ongoing process.
If not you are not doing it right. The whole idea was/is that there is no end and that it continuously improved and perfected.
There is no stopping point. We do, we learn, we do better. Rinse and repeat.
Plenty of canned stuff out there to get you started but read the standard first four or five times and try to get the "spirit" in which is was written.

A whole lot of room to move and read between the lines.
Most do not bother with this basic first step but instead do some really dumb rote stuff that does not help and becomes "added paperwork".
It should not be a burden to your manufacturing operations. It should be a helper and add value.
Problem being that is done or used wrong a lot.
Way too many don't really get the underling rules and concepts so many can't tell the auditor that he/she is full of shit and that you are in compliance.

I sort of now do not like it so much but am a big fan.
Bob

Back