What's new
What's new

New Milling Machine?

junebug

Plastic
I work in a power plant with a small machine shop. We have 2 lathes,vertical mill, small surface grinder ,4" radial arm drill ,cold saw, power hack saw. I would like to purchase another manual mill for the shop as our Lagun is usually tied up with people waiting to use it. What is the best mill for the money. Parts availability is also important. Our mill is a 9x42 variable speed with DRO, something a little bigger would be nice but not a deal breaker. We want a good machine that will hold up not a cheap pieceof s--t. Whatever we get will be here a long time. Lets here it.

How about another Lagun? Sounds like you have an FTV-1. They make 3 larger versions: FTV-2, FTV-3, and FTV-4. They are still made in Spain and imported into Long Beach. Parts availability is no problem.

Get another Lagun, a bit more money but still quite reasonable for what they are. Way better than all the Sharp and any other Taiwan import I ever used. With a Lagun you don't have to worry about parts nearly as much as a Sharp/First and others, because they quite simply don't go through parts/belts/switches and everything else, like that. By the time you need a part for a Lagun it'll probably be 10yrs from now or more depending on how people are using it.

Lagun

I just upgraded from a Bridgport Clone to a 20 year old Lagun FTV-2S. What a perfect machine. A little table damage but everything works and is really a solid machine!

HKcarbine

Back