What's new
What's new

Clausing Colchester Oil Sight

pattersonman

Plastic
Hello,New Guy hoping to get a fix on a new sight glass for my Clausing 8000 series Lathe(13x36).This is the one in the head stock a 1 1/4" press fit.Now I know about the fellow in Texas and about McMaster(they have one but it's domed).Is there any one else who has them?I like the price from McMaster ($20.00) but it's not right.The fellow in Texas has the correct one but at $27.00 dollars it's a little pricey with shipping (I was going to order two as the one in the gear box is the same).I know what you are thinking this guy is a dweeb but hey I'm from New England and money is real TIGHT right now(as it is everywhere) just checking out other options.Also once I have one anyone ever install one? Thanks

Had one that was cracked and leaked on a turnmaster. Took it out and the rubber grommet was intact so I made a blank out of poly carbonate and put it back together and it worked
OK. I checked it daily to make sure the oil and plastic got along. You need a flashlight and some eye strain to see the oil level. I am the only person that ever checks it. I have more respect for old machines than young managers. They are never concerned about machinery till its starts smokin' or stops runnin'.
Old Bill

I just bought three of them for my LeBlond from bijur. It was hard to find then on there web site but if you keep looking they are there. I can also look at my invoice and give you the part number if you want just PM me. Ron

Back