What's new
What's new

Looking for hardware for milling fixture

Flash Gordon

Aluminum
Does anyone make a "cam lock" nut or bolt that I could use on a milling fixture. I need something that will tighten up after turning a quarter turn or so. I already looked at Carr-Lane and J&L and didn't have any luck. Thanks for the help!

I know of one company that does, they are called Mitee-bite products inc. I have several bags of these if youre interested, each bag has 10 nuts with 10 offset bolts for exactly what youre looking for.

pictures
here
here

Cheers

Thanks James, I've used the MiteeBite clamps before and they work well. I'm looking for something different. I need a bolt that will tighten-up and clamp vertically (along the axis of the bolt) not horizontally like the MiteeBites. Thanks.

Flash, is there a requirement for the bolt to turn in the same axis as the clamping action?

If not, a cam-lock type of clamp might work for you. Think of a bicycle "skewer", the quick-release clamps that hold the wheels on. When making fixtures in my shop, I have on occasion used quick-release clamps intended for bicycle seat posts.

they are part number 10207 MB-3, bolt size 10-32.

well if you live close, ill trade beer for them.. if not hows 5 bucks a bag?? I have about 20 bags of them if not more(all same size).

Back