What's new
What's new

Does anyone else ever receive errant invoices or account statements from Sandvik?

Jay Fleming

Hot Rolled
I received an account statement yesterday when I've never ordered anything from them. The customer number wasn't the same as mine, although the company info was correct. This is the second time in about 3 months this has happened. I'm starting to think it's a trend. I have already talked to them and they should be working it out but has anyone else ever had this issue?

Not sure if the supplier is having issues or it is a scam.

We get scam invoices a couple of time a month. In order for us to pay an invoice there must be an approved requisition, a signed PO and an approved invoice or nothing gets paid without exception!!!

Not sure if the supplier is having issues or it is a scam.

We get scam invoices a couple of time a month. In order for us to pay an invoice there must be an approved requisition, a signed PO and an approved invoice or nothing gets paid without exception!!!
I'm not sure either but when I call, I talk to someone from Sandvik and receive emails from Sandvik domains. I'm not concerned about paying because I won't but it's quite annoying.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Call their corporate office, not the number seen in the emails. Let them know what's going, and I'm sure they'll be interested in getting to the bottom of it.

I work for a tooling distributor now, so we process thousands if invoices a month. These types of scams are getting increasingly more sophisticated.

It's highly unlikely that you're company is doing business directly with Sandvik-Coromant, as most of their business is done thru distribution. If this email is directly from "Sandvik", and it's not a person you're used to corresponding with, it's probably a scam.

Don't just ignore it either. If it's a scam, report it to the real Sandvik, and notify them...

Call their corporate office, not the number seen in the emails. Let them know what's going, and I'm sure they'll be interested in getting to the bottom of it.

I work for a tooling distributor now, so we process thousands if invoices a month. These types of scams are getting increasingly more sophisticated.

It's highly unlikely that you're company is doing business directly with Sandvik-Coromant, as most of their business is done thru distribution. If this email is directly from "Sandvik", and it's not a person you're used to corresponding with, it's probably a scam.

Don't just ignore it either. If it's a scam, report it to the real Sandvik, and notify them...

Just talked to a customer service rep at 800-sandvik and they provided the same info as the lady last night, so it's isn't a scam. Just a lack of attention on their part. I assume they have to enter the appropriate customer number for each phase of accounting instead of it carrying through. Mine is one digit off from the appropriate company and I'm sure someone mis-typed the number at one point and it's never been fixed.

Back