What's new
What's new

colchester master 2500

Thanks guys for your replies.
Unfortunately I can’t find the information in those links
What I am trying to do is fit a collet chuck in the spindle.
I have a collet chuck with a no3 Morse taper and I need a sleeve to make it fit.
It feels like a no5 Morse taper to me but its to small
Measuring the end of the throat, It lucks like a Brown and Sharpe no12 to me but I don’t think that would be right

Thanks guys for your replies.
Unfortunately I can’t find the information in those links
What I am trying to do is fit a collet chuck in the spindle.
I have a collet chuck with a no3 Morse taper and I need a sleeve to make it fit.
It feels like a no5 Morse taper to me but its not
Measuring the end of the throat, It lucks like a Brown and Sharpe no12 to me but I don’t think that would be right

IIRC it's a modified MT and Colchesters supplied an adaptor sleeve as part of the std kit with each lathe ..I've seen a supplier SOMEWHERE online but can't think where,

Try searching for ''Colchester headstock taper sleeve'' and the like.

Doesn't seem to be any proper hard information out there.

Best to measure the taper and see what the angle actually corresponds to.

Best info I have is that its a Morse, No 5 (?), with the gauge line recessed so the end of the bore is bigger than the taper. A simple plain taper sleeve will end up sat back inside the bore. Such things were common on lathe headstock spindles, presumably to stop folk shoving ordinary MT tooling into the bore.

MT 5 taper is 0.6315" per foot or 0.05625" per inch.

Clive

Don't they normally come with an adaptor that fits in the spindle nose and allows you fit Morse taper centres etc into the spindle nose ?

Regards Tyrone.

IME They do Tyrone, but the adaptor / sleeve takes up bore diameter, ......so is either never fitted or get's taken out...................and lost.

Thanks guys, you have certainly put me on the right track.
I think I have seen one of those adaptors somewhere, unless i dreamed it
Weather it was in my shed or some ware else I don’t know

Back