What's new
What's new

Cold saw questions

Scruffy887

Titanium
I am thinking about getting a cold saw for some of the items that would benefit from a nicely finished cut. Like ends that do not need machining to look finished. I'm looking into the ferrous type but will cut a lot of aluminum on it. I just don't want the high RPMs of a non ferrous saw flinging aluminum chips and coolant everywhere, or the PITA of adding an extraction unit to it.
Has anybody had any experience with a Maxisaw? Very interesting concept.
Cold Saw | Circular Cold Saw | Metal Cutting Cold Saw
It is going to run wet so it must have good coolant control. What brands should I not consider?

Looks like an Doringer saw with an updated table, made in USA, I like it!
I wonder what the price is?
I like the Doringer for its versatile clamping arrangement.
I have bought new both Scotchman and Doringer saws and the Doringer was the better choice for prototype shop, the Scotchman would be fine for production with the self centering vise.

The Doringer worked great with a couple of fixtures for cutting long angles and compound angles.

Please post a price for the Maxsaw when you get one.

Good luck.

Kevin

I have an MEP Tiger 350 AX in like new condition for sale. 2000 model, semi-automatic. Holds .004 tolerance cutting .750 304 SS solid round stock. Finish is nice. I can post pics tomorrow evening if any interest.

knn

Looks like an Doringer saw

Please post a price for the Maxsaw when you get one.

Good luck.

Kevin
I talked to Ashot yesterday, the owner. He has spent a lot of his life making cold saws, cold saw parts. And working for Doringer. These are 15" and 16" saws that start at $6500 or $7500. He sells mostly direct.
He makes the entire machine here in the US, gearbox and all. The saw is on my short list.

Back