What's new
What's new

Coolant port / nozzle / adapter needed. No luck finding one.

Zahnrad Kopf

Diamond
I am looking for something that I can use to adapt some coolant hose and nozzle options to our turning center but I am not having much luck. Wondering if I am using the wrong names or nomenclatures I thought to ask here. Basically, there are ball ports in the tool holder blocks and the balls have M5 threaded holes in them. I would like to be able to use Loc Line with some adaptation, but I am willing to use simple copper tube as well. Yes, I know I could turn up my own adapters and find a way out. I want to try and purchase something so I don't interrupt work right now. I can not believe that this has not come up before that one would be forced to make something to suit.

So I put it to you, the membership of PM. What exists that can thread into a M5 threaded ball port and adapts to a coolant hose?

How about some Photos?

Not sure why, but here you go.

21183FC4-831F-44EF-9AC1-4F5B319C21F8_zpspnka1xnc.jpg

6D4826B0-5B03-4B23-89F0-4606BDAB216D_zpsrbqjpzpl.jpg

Thanks, ewlsey. I like them too. Unfortunately, I do not see an easy way to remove the existing ones in order to use those. That's been my issue up to now. Elsewise, I'd have yanked them already and replaced them with the ones you mentioned or some of the other options. That is why I've been looking to adapt them.

Maybe I am looking at it incorrectly...? Do they come out more easily than they appear?

EDIT -

Never mind!! I found these with a little digging over there -
Extention Tubes For Coolant Nozzles ROVI Products

BT0.jpg

BT1.jpg

Hmm. On my Mori you just take out a flat head screw and the ball comes right out. I guess those are press fit some way. :confused:

Just for future reference, QPM makes a bajillion different kinds of coolant nozzles, this style and otherwise.

Back