What's new
What's new

topic suggestion: money saving tips

surplusjohn

Diamond
How about a catagory on money saving tips? the little ideas that add up. Like insisting that your vendors ship to you using your UPS account so they can't mark it up.

Do not go to website called "Ebay."
Tens of thousands of folks would disagree with that one...including me. There are some incredible deals on eBay all the time.

10 4 on ebay,I have bought some great things at great prices,sold plenty TOO!
Seems people that talk the worst bout it,never bought or sold on it????
saves time,driving,phone calls,you can buy from the whole darn world,get things in remote areas

Paying credit cards off every 1 to 2 weeks top.
Paying off anything that has interest in the shortest amount of time possible, like a house. It save a LOT of money.
Don't smoke.

I think Shanman's comment was the intent of stuball's. You can bargain yourself into the poorhouse on Ebay if you don't watch it.
Yes but no, half of my shop has been bought on the theory of buying the deals too good to be true even if you don't have an immediate need foreseen. I'll buy stuff then when you need it you have it. It works real well if you don't need to pay inventory or store it.

The old adage goes you can get cheap, quality, or now, pick any two. I usually like cheap and quality! :D I have seen sellers in the past telling me they could give good prices.

On the other hand a girl buying all sorts of clothing just cause it is onsale isn't smart. My set of .5-42" Starrett tube micrometers ($10) will never go out of style (Any one know what they cost new? Isn't it like 500-$700?) and be there when ever I need them. My girlfriend's $2 shirt bought on sale cause she had to wear it may be out of style next year!

Adam

I think Shanman's comment was the intent of stuball's.
So Stuball was channeling Shanman as he typed and you were "remote sensing" the brain waves during the process ?

TIP: If you have individual health coverage for you and your family, have your wife be the primary subscriber. Especially important if she is younger than you. This tip saves me about $60.00 a month on premiums.

Mike and Mark...LMAO :D

Sheesh, we'd better conjur up some tips soon or Surplus will be getting fretful ;)

Take the 2% 10 terms on invoices you get.. By paying bills 20 days early, (10 instead of 30), you are in effect, earning 36% interest on your money... 360/20=18x2=36%...

Back