What's new
What's new

Dean Smith Grace 1709

Cr480mx

Plastic
Hi there, new to this site so hope this is correct place to ask if anyone has a link to an operators manual for a DSG 1709 lathe? I bought one about 9 months ago and that’s me just gettin it wired in! :crazy:
Or if any one had a pdf file of one they could send me it would be much appreciated..
Thanks

Hi there, new to this site so hope this is correct place to ask if anyone has a link to an operators manual for a DSG 1709 lathe? I bought one about 9 months ago and that’s me just gettin it wired in! :crazy:
Or if any one had a pdf file of one they could send me it would be much appreciated..
Thanks

No manual here but what a nice lathe!

I’ll get some pictures up tomorrow, it needs a bit of work doing to it but should be good once I’ve got it sorted out.

Found photo of original advert when I bought lathe, it’s a bit small but gives you the idea of what it’s like..
BBB4D9C3-E7FD-4EC9-816F-0320BE5A26BB.jpg

Thanks

Try Shamrock machinery website, lots of DSG info:
Home - shamrockmachinery

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Thanks for your help guys, unfortunately all the parts manuals on shamrock machinery site are different from my 1709, real shame to see that they have went out of business!
I had found lathes.co.uk website as well but was hoping to get a manual without forking out £65.00! That would buy me some tooling 😜

Thanks for your help guys, unfortunately all the parts manuals on shamrock machinery site are different from my 1709, real shame to see that they have went out of business!
I had found lathes.co.uk website as well but was hoping to get a manual without forking out £65.00! That would buy me some tooling

Having the correct manual would be worth £65 in my opinion.

Regards Tyrone.

Thanks

Also no help but really Jealous... Beautiful lathes those.
I agree with Tyrone, pay the cash and get the original manual. Really is a big advantage having the right manual for a machine.

Thanks guys for your help, but this one is older than mine, I’ll probably have to buy the correct manual.. agree with you all that having the correct manual is worth it in the long run, was just hoping someone may have a copy..
Anyway did my first job with it today bit of 50mm round bar, chips flying off the carbide tooling in nice blue shower, this thing cuts Steel like butter

Here is pictures from original advert when I bought it, a bit small but gives you an idea of what I’ve got :)BDECBACD-D09B-43A3-AB14-C32E5324E34C.jpg

Well what do know! Onto ebay and there was a guy selling copies of operators and parts manuals for £10 :) should have looked there first ;)

Back