What's new
What's new

Dimensions? Difference? KURT A-50-4 and D-50-4 swivel bases

TheOldCar

Stainless
Just wondering if anyone has dimensions of these swivel bases. It seems like they both may be close, if not the same???

Since no one has answered. :) The problem is I don't know what either the A-50 or D-50 is. What does it fit? I have one on my D688. Is that in the ballpark?

Since no one has answered. :) The problem is I don't know what either the A-50 or D-50 is. What does it fit? I have one on my D688. Is that in the ballpark?

I know the D688 one is too big CC wise. The one that fits is the D50-4-SA but it seems an A50-4 is the same dimensions (and may be only the casting number of a D50 anyways??).

Both seem to be for a 5" vise, and in my experience there aren't a lot of those out there. You can download the dims for the D50-4-SA from Kurt:

Swivel Base for Kurt Workholding DX6, HD69 & HDM69 Vises

If that doesn't get you what you might need I'd suggest calling them and asking them your question directly.

Thank you! I searched their website and obviously was too dumb to try this! And yes, why don't I just call Kurt...

Crap, it looks like I must have Solidworks to view the download.
EDIT: not true, can convert to PDF but won't show any dimensions.

If it helps to know, the old A-50-4 base fits the new DX6 perfectly. So, the two models I asked about must be very similar.

I can't tell you anything about the A50, But the D50 dimensions are:
C to C mounting slots for hold down to table 10"
C to C of radial slot for vise hold downs 6.250"
Center pivot pin .9875"
Hope that helps.

I'm uncertain on the dimensions for the swivel base itself but the Kurt A50-1 vise I have has a center bore of 1" and side hold down slots spaced 5.7" apart.

Note that a vise marked "A-50" is actually an early version Kurt D-50. The "A" is a foundry code.

Back