What's new
What's new

Do All Vertical Bandsaw conversion

Joseph Durnya

Aluminum
Hey Guys,

so i have a 16" variable speed do-all bandsaw and im wondering if anyone ever made guides to twist the blade like a horizontal bandsaw.. id like to feed long pcs of material through that wont clear the throat..

thanks !

Joe

At first I thought this was really stupid but the more I think about it....it could work especially with thinner blades and if you were cutting stock that was not too tall so there was plenty of space to let the blade twist. I'll be interested to see if anyone says 'yes'.

I have a 1945 DoAll textbook that shows exactly those- guides to rotate the blade outward in order to part long stock- as a common factory-supplied acessory.

I'd be surprised if you couldn't find a set on the used market, or even get some new straight from DoAll. A clever guy with a bit of patience could make a set with relative ease as well.

Doc.

I have a 1945 DoAll textbook that shows exactly those- guides to rotate the blade outward in order to part long stock- as a common factory-supplied acessory.

I'd be surprised if you couldn't find a set on the used market, or even get some new straight from DoAll. A clever guy with a bit of patience could make a set with relative ease as well.

Doc.

Doc, can you share any pictures so i can get an idea ?

thanks,

joe

We had a Grob bandsaw and there was a little drawer under the table with the guides to twist the blade 90 degrees and we actually used it from time to time with no trouble. Its just like a horizontal bandsaw.

We had a Grob bandsaw and there was a little drawer under the table with the guides to twist the blade 90 degrees and we actually used it from time to time with no trouble. Its just like a horizontal bandsaw.

Unfortunately the guy took all the accessories.. including the blade welder... oh well.. she is still a beaut !!

I will look and see if I have a spare set in my box of doall guides I know I have a set of them but there not for doall they look import Ken

I don't know about rotating the blade 90 degrees, but here are some pictures of the 45 degree ones that came with my saw.
Last pic shows the top guide compared to a standard.

Attachments

• IMG_9201.jpg
    IMG_9201.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_9202.jpg
    IMG_9202.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_9203.jpg
    IMG_9203.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_9204.jpg
    IMG_9204.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_9205.jpg
    IMG_9205.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 75
I will say that I have used mine and they work just fine... as long as you do a good job welding and grinding the blade (or buy a pre-made blade).
I was trying to use them with a 1/2 wide blade and having a hell of a time keeping the blades from breaking. After I started doing a bit of extra annealing on the weld it work a lot better.

Back