Dro Pros Magnetic Scales ?
Close
Login to Your Account
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Dro Pros Magnetic Scales ?

I know Dro Pros are great for helping but I thought I would search here and did not find anything. I am trying to find out if the reader face is suppose to drag on the scale face , or if there is a clearance between the 2. I pulled this off our Bridgeport mill and putting it on my Jet clone. I am not a machinist so I got a little lost on the Dro Pros page. Has somebody got any suggestions of what not to do? The fellow that mounted it when it was new a year ago is no longer here. Thanks for any input. Dennis

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

If you have the original paperwork, look for set up blocks. The Accurite I installed had plastic retainers that held the reader in place while shimming it to fit the mounting block.
    Probably not the right subforum for this question.

Dave

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The DRO Pros magnetic scales use a plastic shim for setting the read head clearance. A call to DRO Pros could probably get you a couple shims.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I cannot find the original paper work. But I will call Dro Pros, as I may be ordering something else anyway.I appreciate the input, just not wanting to screw up anything.I might even order a Dro for my lathe. My Mitutoyo Dro started messing up with the X scale so I retired it. It has been a great one. The Y scale and Monitor still good, and I can make the X scale read when off machine but it is 25 years old, so not sure what to do with it. Thank you everyone for your input. Dennis

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New Jersey
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have the installed them last year on my bp and lathe. There is a small piece of plastic that is supposed to be a spacer when installed. It should be the same thickness as the wipers on the readers. It's like 5 or 10 thou I think. The gap isn't really as important as the gap on each side. Just make sure that it is consistent in both sides.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Apparently I have it close to right. It is all working and I checked it against the manual dials and it appears to be right. I did have one small issue. I went out and switched it on and it would not zero out for me. So I switched it off for a few seconds switched it back on and all worked as should. Not sure why it did that but its a computor and I always have a problem with them. LOL. Thanks everybody for the input.