What's new
What's new

OT Help with metric o-rings

Tank

Cast Iron
I need help finding a supplier of metric ISO 3601 o-rings. All suppliers I have contacted only have AS568 o-rings given in metric sizes or a few common even MM sizes that won't work. Some do carry Japanese standard o-rings, but not these. Or they can make them for me with a $3200 tooling charge. I need real ISO metric sizes, nothing else will cross referance.

Once you dig into what the suppliers are advertising, you find their materials meet ISO 3601 but the don't carry the actual ISO metric sizes.

The ISO size I'm looking for are A0312, A0100, A0095, and A0056.
Material is Viton (fluoro-elastomer). I would want the material to be close to 75 durometer fluorocarbon per AMS 7276.

I was hoping maybe one of our European members might see this and know of a supplier, since the application is sealing to a French component and these must be available on that side of the pond.

Any help would be greatly apriciated. Tank.

J Henricksen & juergenwt, I RFQed both Maryland Metric and All World Machinery.

Mark, Trelleborg was the first company I contacted. They have been working on a quote for 10 working days now. My guess is they will come back with a mold charge or it wouldn't take this long. I hope I'm wrong.
I couldn't find J Walker & Co LTD on the internet. However, my employer has a facility in Prestwick and we are going to ask for their help finding these.

Thanks for the leads folks.

Tank.
Here`s James walker.
http://www.jameswalker.biz/jwco/
Actually,if you are getting your Scottish office to source these,the easy way is to order them from Brammer (used to be BSL/Bearing Service Ltd).Everything is stocked in a central warehouse for delivery the next day.If you only want one or two of an item,ask for samples.
How many do you actually need?
Mark.

Mark,
Hoping that maybe the Prestwick facility can find a reliable off the shelf supplier of these, as I'm haveing a bear of a time finding them here. That is unless one of the companys I tried today can come thru.

I only need 100 or so of each size to get going. They are used to conect to a product on a test stand so they will get re-used until the wear out or look bad.

I'm new to metric o-rings, having only ever used AS568 o-rings. To me it seems as though the ISO 3601 standard isn't that good. There are 6 or 8 countrys that maintian their own appendixs to this standard and these documents conflict on cross section and ID tolerances. Looks to me like this ISO standard was put together but it allows every country to carry on with their old methods and standards anyway. So, I have to ask, what good is this standard anyway? Maybe it will get cleaned up down the road. Anyway I have learned more about real metric o-rings in the last 2 weeks than I thought there was to know. (When I say real metric o-ring I'm not talking about the AS568 o-ring specified in MMs.)

Thanks again and I will follow up on the leads you provided. Tank

Back