What's new
What's new

Edison 1340 GH lathe.... In need of steady rest

Junkout

Plastic
I have an Edison 1340 GH lathe made in China. Got it running with help from some members and now I need help finding a steady rest that will fit my lathe. I'm certain there is another lathe that's similar to or exact lathe with a different name. Any help would be appreciated. I've searched on line without much luck.

Does Grizzly sell them separate? Might be one of theirs would fit?
Other than that, if you have a mill, it's not too complicated to build one
I built a larger one for an old LeBlonde out of an 18" OD x 14" ID x 1" thick steel
burnout as the main body.

I have an Edison 1340 GH lathe made in China. Got it running with help from some members and now I need help finding a steady rest that will fit my lathe. I'm certain there is another lathe that's similar to or exact lathe with a different name. Any help would be appreciated. I've searched on line without much luck.

At one time,South Bend sold one that looked like that.
How does the one in this picture match up with your bed?
Ted
[email protected]

Attachments

• 906D0684-94C6-424D-82E9-B2DFF7A1BAF9.jpg
    906D0684-94C6-424D-82E9-B2DFF7A1BAF9.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 131
Back in the 1980's similar lathes came from Taiwan and were shipped with accessories including a steady rest. I recall one dealer in the Detroit area who took the steady rests off the lathes and sold them separately in their catalog. Don't know if that trick is still practiced. Catalogs are gone, but you could look at web sites of lathe dealers.

Larry

Looks a LOT like a[ PICTURE] of a Sharp 13"x 40" that I have, The tailstock is a dead ringer.
I do have a steady rest and follower rest I think will fit it, But the Photobucket fiasco has me so frustrated,along with Microsoft trying to monopolize everything, I just deleted a bunch of pictures from Photophucket. If I recall the Sharp was a Clone of a 13"Harrison. I tried to fit the steady on a Harrison, but the angle of the V on the bottom was different.
The picture I copied , was on PM, Dated 03-26-2017 09:10 PM
im g-20170326-135318560.j p g [ capitalize IMG,and take the space out] & take the spaces out of the jpg. I don't remember who's post or picture it belonged to. dave [acme thread]
[h=2]General[/h]

Sorry I've been off the grid for awhile. I know the pic is dark but it's very close to 4 1/4 wide which would be about 2" center if I understand things correctly.

Back