What's new
What's new

Sharp SV2412 won't do tool change manually

seattlewa98

Cast Iron
in MDI mode, I type
T2M6 then START button.
spindle move to tool magazine, release the tool, unclamp, move up then stop and won't do nothing else.
I look at the program and it is at line 10
N10 G91 G28 Z0

anyone here had experience with that problem ?

Thanks for your time

It does samething and stop at same line when I ran program in AUTO MODE also

Inside the tool magazine, there are 2 lights, one green and one red, is that normal ?
Also here is marco program for tool changing O9001

O9001
#3003=1;
#3004=1;
IF [#100 EQ #4120] GOTO99;
IF [#4120 EQ 0] GOTO99;
IF [#1011 EQ 1] GOTO99;
G91 G28 Z0;
G91 G30 Z0;
M19;
M6;
G04 X0.1;
IF [#1008 EQ1] GOTO10;
GOTO 099;
N10 G91 G28 Z0;(THIS IS WHERE IT STOPS)
IF ;#1009 EQ 1] GOTO12;
GOTO10;
N12 G91 G30 Z0;
G04 X.5;
IF [#1010 EA 1] GOYO99;
GOTO12;
N99 #100= #4120;
#3003=0;
#3004=0;
M99;
%

Yes I did
T2m6; INSERT then START

I tried to run program and it is same problem at tool changing procedure.
The machine was running fine all 6 hours and suddently happens

Mine used to hang in the tool change on a random basis, but not every time. I turned up the air pressure a little on the regulator on the back of the machine and it cured the problem. If that does not fix it, I would call Sharp first thing on Monday morning. Charles, the Taiwanese guy, is a little hard to understand on the phone, so if it is detailed instructions, ask him to email them to you. He is very knowledgeable and knows that there is a little language barrier.

Sounds to me like a switch isn't making. Get your prints out, look to see how machine knows where the changer is and see if you have a valid input.

Clutch

On top of the machine right side of the colum there is a switch.When the z axis is sent home (N10 G91 G28 Z0)
that switch must close .I tells the control it made it home .I had the same problem ,the dog that hits the switch was lose.

On top of the machine right side of the colum there is a switch.When the z axis is sent home (N10 G91 G28 Z0)
that switch must close .I tells the control it made it home .I had the same problem ,the dog that hits the switch was lose.

How do I do that ?

Mine used to hang in the tool change on a random basis, but not every time. I turned up the air pressure a little on the regulator on the back of the machine and it cured the problem. If that does not fix it, I would call Sharp first thing on Monday morning. Charles, the Taiwanese guy, is a little hard to understand on the phone, so if it is detailed instructions, ask him to email them to you. He is very knowledgeable and knows that there is a little language barrier.
I agree that Charton is really good, he helped me alots of time when I have problem with the machine.

Problem fixed

Thanks for all the replies.
I unplug the power cord over night(ofcourse turn machine off first)
Kinda tight up all the wires inside tool magazine and around the machine.
Plug power cord back in and everything is fine now.
I did wrote simple program just changing all the tools and ran for 15 minute

Back