What's new
What's new

Elwobs (DIN 2605)

Hrki

Plastic
zxIYj7i.png

What is R=1,5D in this image???

@Limy sami,

so for tube d=88,9mm -> R = 1,5 x 88,9 = 133,35mm where is that value on table ???

2*A = 229
229-88.9=140.1
140.1/1.5=93.4 which is as close as you're probably going to get with bent tube At least it's within their tolerance.

Now, I've got a terrible cold and I'm on medication that warns me from running equipment. So, I could be wrong.
JR

That drawing and that table is a bit messed up I think.

Usually, "D" is the outer diameter and "d" the inner diameter.
Now if you calculate the inner diameter, things make sense:
d = 16 (20 - 2 * 2) -> R = 16 -> a = 16 and h = 26 (16 + D/2)

But then, I thought the bending radius is relative to the OD, thus the R = 1 * D and not R = 1 * d.

But I don't have the standard here ...

Nick
PS: Did you mean "elbow"? I just wanted to learn what elwob is :D

You have to keep in mind that 1) these designed radii (1.5D, 2D, etc) are nominal, and 2) there are some pretty big tolerances in pipe bending. The table is telling you what actual dimensions the supplier will make those bends.

so for tube d=88,9mm -> R = 1,5 x 88,9 = 133,35mm where is that value on table ???
In the column labeled 'h', the value 159mm. That's the actual dimension they will supply, in contrast to the nominal dimension of 133.35mm.

Lets talk about DIN standard;WTF?!?!?
"r" in that chart corresponds to "a" in the original chart, or the neutral line of the bend. The next column to the right corresponds to "h" in the original chart, or the outside radius of the bend.

If you look at the numbers: 114 and 159, you will see they are (essentially) the same in both charts for the case of 1.5D and 88.9mm.

So I don't understand WTF you are WTF-ing about.

I tried to figure out why the values make so little sense.
One point that makes sense now is: The elwobs[tm] are dimensioned by the ID. Like all the tubing as you need the inner diameter to properly adjust for flow etc.
These tubes and elbows are sold and dimensioned by "DN", the nominal diameter that happens to be the inner diameter. Second parameter is wall thickness to fit the pressure.

And now, if you use the DN (or ID), the values make more sense. Why they are still off, is above my head. Tolerances can't be the reason. Maybe it has to do with the fact that they came from inch-sized tubes.

Nick

the chart is perfectly o.k. d = outside diam., D = inside diam., a = R. h = a + d/2 = 16 + 10 =26. so, whats weird about it?

Back