What's new

Encoder removal tool 9811-002 for siemens servo motor

oliver7

Plastic
Forum,

Hyundai CNC Lathe HiT-18 S.
Siemens servo motors.

Model: 1FT5072-0AF71

Encoder is bad, but it does not attach to the motor shaft with any traditional means.

It is simply mounted to the back of the shaft with no visible clue.

You can stick an allen wrench into the center of the encoder and end up rotating the shaft (screw) that's all.

Service says, I need coder removal tool 9811-002.

Parts says it is obsolete. :cryin:

Does anybody have any idea about encoder removal tools for Siemens or other servo motors for that matter?

Thanks for any input.

Oliver

bcstractor,

I got the encoder off.

I attached the pictures anyway, so you know what I was talking about.

It is a very simple way they attached this, very effective but crappy at the same time, since without the extractor you are toast, unless you can take the motor out and very gently use brutal force with two curved pry bars like I did. :ack2:

I already have the new encoder on order, so I risked it and it popped right off.

So the tapered encoder shaft is simply wedged into the tapered motor shaft with a long 6mm bolt.
The extractor would use that hole inside the motor shaft and then a threaded 8mm hole on the encoder housing which would be on a OD and ID threaded sleeve and you just counter screw them and push the encoder off the shaft.

I was going to build that tool, but elected to simply pry the encoder off with two bars that are curved since the back plate on the encoder is pretty sturdy and I knew I wouldn't use the encoder anymore.
I hate doing it like this, but I got to get this machine back up or my boss is burying me behind the building :willy_nilly:

Thanks for trying to help though.

OliverIMG_0081.JPGIMG_0082.JPGIMG_0076.jpgIMG_0075.jpg

Hey Chris,

yes, I have not seen one like this either before.
If you have the extractor, it is actually a really cool way of mounting, much better than the fiddly couplings with set screws I have on most of my other machines.
But weirdly enough, Siemens thinks that it is ok to not provide that removal tool anymore.

See you around :)

Oliver

Back