What's new
What's new

Replacement parts for a 1985 Jet HBS-9M?

realsquash

Aluminum
Hi All,

I recently bought a used Jet HBS-9M. I bought a new blade and promptly screwed that up and broke one of the guide rollers at the same time. :angry:

I can find a non-eccentric replacement bearing easily enough by measuring it, but from looking at the modern updated version of the same saw, the Jet HBS-916W, they changed the roller guides.

The new ones seem to have fixed (non-eccentric) rollers on the "inside" of the blade (towards the vise) while the outside ones are non-eccentric bearings, but the eccentric is built into the shaft that the bolt passes through. The new saws also have double the guide roller bearings.
Did that come through? :nutter:

I would like to retrofit the newer style guide rollers and find some new carbide guides but I cannot for the life of me find anything online for any parts at all. I do have a mill and lathe but I can't believe these parts cost too much to just buy.

I'm going to go out and snap some pix now because I don't think this is making any sense. !#$%^!#$ generally frustrating day.

Andy

OK a couple of things I just discovered. There is an eccentric bushing inside a plain old bearing that I tapped out with ease. So it looks like the difference between my old saw and the new ones is just a longer eccentric bushing to accommodate 2 bearings on the outside and a straight non-eccentric bushing on the inside.

Or should I just leave it alone and replace the bearing I broke?

Andy

Attachments

• bandsaw.jpg
    bandsaw.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 502
Call Jet.
They have a pretty decent parts department. They dont stock parts for all of their older machines- so yours might be an orphan. But if they do have the parts, they are usually not too expensive.

You could probably buy the new, longer eccentric if you wanted to make your bearings double height.

Does that saw take a 1" blade? If so, it seems like it might be worth it to upgrade to more bearing support, especially if you are going to be cutting larger stuff, upwards of 3" diameter or so.

Call Jet.
They have a pretty decent parts department. They dont stock parts for all of their older machines- so yours might be an orphan. But if they do have the parts, they are usually not too expensive.

You could probably buy the new, longer eccentric if you wanted to make your bearings double height.

Does that saw take a 1" blade? If so, it seems like it might be worth it to upgrade to more bearing support, especially if you are going to be cutting larger stuff, upwards of 3" diameter or so.

I'll give them a ring Monday in that case. It does have a 1" blade, 132" long. It seems to make sense that it should have more blade support. It also has carbide guides but they can't keep the blade square like those rollers are supposed to.

Andy

Back