What's new
What's new

Fadal 4020 chiller pressure

A.Brooks98

Plastic
Does anyone know what the pressure at the chiller pump is supposed to be? I've got flow but that's about it. The inline gauge reads about 5psi
Trying to sort out a spindle overheating issue.
Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How warm does the spindle get?

The pump on mine seized and (as others do) ran without the chiller working. It never get more than warm to the touch. Maybe a cup of coffee that is standing for 15 minutes warm.

Are you getting warm air coming out of the chiller? That would show it's working. Have you tried plugging the chiller and pump into a seperate power strip so you aren't relying on the Fadal control to turn the chiller on?

It gets too warm to hold your hand on the side of the spindle, I've not tried running off external power yet but I will now.
Thanks!

It gets too warm to hold your hand on the side of the spindle, I've not tried running off external power yet but I will now.
Thanks!

That's too hot, I usually don't run faster than 7k, that's part of thereason I don't see high temps.

That's too hot, I usually don't run faster than 7k, that's part of thereason I don't see high temps.

Yeah I'm running at 10k pretty consistently. Probably the spindle bearings going bad, I guess I'll just drop my RPM a bit and see if it helps

Yeah I'm running at 10k pretty consistently. Probably the spindle bearings going bad, I guess I'll just drop my RPM a bit and see if it helps

Do you have the grease filled spindle bearings, or air/oil? i think there's something in the fadal manuals about not running a grease filled bearing spindle at 10k continuously without either stopping to let it cool, or drop the rpm's for a while

Back