What's new
What's new

Fadal VMC15XT extended z clearance height

Ianagos

Stainless
Hello so I’ve purchased a new 1999 fadal VMC15XT and currently am in The process of having a shop built. For now I want to store the machine in a garage but I’m wondering About entrance clearance. I have 84” to work with. I originally thought this was a normal 20” travel machine (that would fit fine) but come to find out it was the extended z column(28”). Does anybody know the minimum height on this machine? Ex taking off the cable carriers and z axis motor? Maybe taking some other stuff down? The manual of a bit confusing and the specifications don’t really show different heights for the extended model.

The machine is a couple of hours away and in the sellers facility so I can’t just go take a look at it. Also due to me being stationed quite far away my father and brother are going to be doing the moving but I just want to make sure they are prepared and informed.

On that note though I will be going to take a look at a machine here to measure up Monday but the plan was to have it moved Monday.

So if anybody has put a fadal in their garage could let me know how it turned out I’d really appreciate it.

8c2fd7e63f3f397781a4fffe22729699.jpg

Man that was a while ago. Yes I purchased that machine and a bit ago I sold it. Was a great machine for me I just moved to a larger travel machine.

I accidently had two windows open and replied to both... I guess you got it in your garage ok though. Any tips for when I attempt it?

I accidently had two windows open and replied to both... I guess you got it in your garage ok though. Any tips for when I attempt it?

Well it was not an extended z axis so it fit fine. Also put a vmc5020 in I had to remove the thrust bearing block for the z axis.

Back