What's new
What's new

Diarco Spring Winder Manual needed

kc52

Plastic
Anyone have one of these they would be willing to scan or copy for me? I can move large files via ftp or my .mac account or I'd be glad to pay for the copying/mailing. Thanks! kb

http://www.diacro.com/index.html

They no longer make the spring winder. The company has changed hands several times. But it only costs a phone call or Email to ask if they can help.

I have two Di-Acro spring winders, but have never bothered looking for instructions, or making the simple missing parts they need. I built my own spring winder over thirty years ago, taught myself how to use it, and have been using it ever since. It does all I need, so there has been no reason to use one of the Di-Acro winders. They can wind bigger/heavier springs than mine, but I never wind big springs.

Larry

Thanks for the replies

I did contact the current owners a couple months ago and they told me they were not planning on production of the tool. They did not volunteer at the time that they had a pdf of the instruction manual which they did send today.

I was unable to get a manual.from diacro. I did get one from the net but the illustrations are very poor. any chance you could send me a copy?
There is another winder name "porter spring winder". operation instructions on their web site.
tia
[email protected]

Spring winder parts

I just bought a Diacro Spring winder and it's missing the arbors and operating handle. Would anyone be willing to send me a photo so I can see what the parts look like so I can make then?

Thanks,
Mark

This must be a common problem as it is exactly the one I had. I've got some pictures of the handle with the cam that pinches the end of the wire while the handle turns. I've asked the guy who sent me the pics if it is ok to send them on to you.

The handle attaches to any sized piece of rod up to about a half inch, this makes the "arbor" and determines the diameter of your spring.

I've also got a PDF of the owners' manual DiAcro sent me and I can forward that to you also.

kb

This must be a common problem as it is exactly the one I had. I've got some pictures of the handle with the cam that pinches the end of the wire while the handle turns. I've asked the guy who sent me the pics if it is ok to send them on to you.

The handle attaches to any sized piece of rod up to about a half inch, this makes the "arbor" and determines the diameter of your spring.

I've also got a PDF of the owners' manual DiAcro sent me and I can forward that to you also.

kb

Great Thanks, KC52

I just sent you a PM

...And just as an aside, if you noticed the title of this thread

"Diarco spring winder manual needed"

...Note, that's not - DIACRO - the actual name of the company...

Misspelling Diacro is not uncommon, and if you happen to be looking for their very nice small tools on eBay, try searching some creatively spelled versions of the name. I scored a very nice "Diarco" 6" notcher for a fraction of what the "Diacro" ones usually sell for.

In fact all three tools, the 24" shear and brake and the 6" notcher ended up $350 a piece.

Miss-spell DiAcro DiArco

Yes, when I realized that I set a couple of my searches that way - haven't gotten lucky yet. Similar to "vice" and "vise", you sometimes get the same amount of results for both.

If anyone else needs that handle info or the owner's manual PDF, let me know. BTW, Herman Williams sent me some great shots of his -complete- handle and cam, thanks again Herm!

kb

Diacro winder manual needed

Hi KB,

I have been trying to find a manual for about 6 months. I would appreciate the PDF version, and whatever pictures you have.

Regards,

Julian

Back