What's new
What's new

Feedback on Himes Machinery.

bruszw1

Plastic
Hello everybody,

Does anyone have any experience with Himes Machinery?

Just wondering . . . .

Thanks in advance,

-Walter

He is from what I can tell a self-imposed middle-man who lists other people's machinery on eBay and marks it up higher than the price the owner is asking and is trying to make a living off the spread. I saw a lathe he had listed on eBay and knew I'd seen it elsewhere. I found the original website I'd seen it on and called the person/company who owned the machine. They said they had no idea Himes had listed it and to add insult to injury, he was using the pictures from their web-site. The owner was pissed. Ironically, the owner sold it and Himey didn't know it and still had his ad up. I forget which machine it is he's now listing from somewhere near Chicago, but he lists it in another nearby town, presumably to keep someone from finding the original listing. If you google the exact specifics of the machine, you'll find the listing by the true owner at a significantly lower price. You'll see him listing stuff from the east coast to the mid-west. He doesn't strike me as especially smart - the first couple of auctions he screwed up royally and sold them way short, then reneged on the buyers and got slammed on feedback - which may be why he's HimesMachinery2 instead of 1. He may have entered into contracts with some of the people whose machines he's pimping, but it smells like opportunistic bottom feeding to me.

I decided to redo the leg-work for you just for grins -

Check out the Wasino 19x49 in "Deerfiield, IL" Himey has on eBay 19" X 49" WASINO ENGINE LATHE | eBay

Then compare it to: Raco Industrial Corporation in Des Plaines IL

I'd be curious to know the price difference and whether Raco Machinery knows he's listed it.

Mebfab - brevity really is the soul of wit - masterful! Brought the beginning of the Truman Show to mind with a HimesMachinery2 sign in multicolored bulbs flashing into space.

Here's another one with prices for comparison:

Himey's 2002 Makino ad on eBay for $159,000 Link: 2002 MAKINO CNC HORIZONTAL MACHINING CENTER - Model # A55E | eBay

Hildebrand Machinery Co's website listing for $149,500 Link: MAKINO A55E CNC HORIZONTAL MACHINING CENTER Doh! Same pictures!

So, for the effort of copying some text and pictures into an eBay ad, he stands to make $9,500 in pure profit from an asset he doesn't own with no exposure? OPM, baby, OPM! Maybe he's smarter than I give him credit for, but I cannot believe the owner of the machine would go along with something like that - boggles the mind.

Thanks for the skinny on this guy :eek: I was inquiring on a small cnc lathe at Action Machinery in bethelhem , PA .Then checked ebay quick to find it listed under hime for much more :skep: . Here I thought they where the same , just listed on the bay higher to cover fleabay fees .

Stay Far away from this guy he sales machinery out off his bedroom he owns no machinery what so ever!

This Guy cost me $10,000 nothing more than a con-artist.

I figured him out once it was too late and when I let him know I knew what he was doing his attitude changed and he was no longer mister nice guy.

Here is a link where I posted about him on the Rip-Off report.

Ripoff Report | Himes Machinery | Complaint Review: 932856

Hello,
We do buisness with HImes Machinery every month or so. They have always done excellent work for us. We also use Greenway every so often also and would recomend them to. Both these places stand behind what they sell which is the main reason we utilize them. Hope this is helpful to ya.
Looks like you have alot of feedback from people who have not purchased anything with Himes machinery, so im not sure how they could speak to them without using alot of rediculous assumptions.

TOM & SONS
Tom ~

Hello,
We do buisness with HImes Machinery every month or so. They have always done excellent work for us. We also use Greenway every so often also and would recomend them to. Both these places stand behind what they sell which is the main reason we utilize them. Hope this is helpful to ya.
Looks like you have alot of feedback from people who have not purchased anything with Himes machinery, so im not sure how they could speak to them without using alot of rediculous assumptions.

TOM & SONS
Tom ~

Seems odd to me your only 2 posts are to defend Himes especially since the other thread was 9 months old...it doesn't take a genius to figure out Himes is just a broker. He/they have no shame selling on eBay at a higher price than the dealer who has the machine on there floor.

We always look on ebay for everything, but always call and buy it direct. The fee's are incredibly expensive!!. Ouch!
Himes Machinery is actually a great place, and they do alot of work with Action Machinery . ( you did your homework )
We work with them all the time. I dont know where these others are getting there info from, and aside of being funny
they dont help anyone at all because they dont know what they are talking about.

T

Looks to me like You got a machine you wernt happy with and now want to seek revenge. Pathetic in my opinion.
What happened to Personal responsiblity. These younger generations sound more like womens soap opera than Men.
I would bet my left foot you didnt go and inspect the machine before you purchased it.
Rumor has it one of the owners little girl passed away in a car accident over the weekend, You should be ashamed of yourself.

They are personal friends of mine, and they wont do it themselves, so i will put a coupel posts up to balance things out with a little honesty
among all the bithcy women posts. They are not just a broker , and they own ALOT of machines, and also partner many more.
They buy as much machinery as they sell also. You just dont know what your talking about. We purchase machines from them every 3 or 4 weeks.
and have met them, and have seen the machines. It makes me a little crazy to see people write the most assanine stuff that have not even
made a phone call to find anything out, just come on and type a bunch of crap and walk away. This hurts people ya know. Be a little more responsible.

Himes Machinery is actually a great place, and they do alot of work with Action Machinery . ( you did your homework )
We work with them all the time.

They are personal friends of mine,

Umm, so what is it? You have done a lot of business with Himes as a customer, and hence can give an unbiased opinion, or you are personal friends, in which case you are biased?

I think you may be Himes. I get the impression you aren't too smart. Is Himes a subsidiary of Reliable?

It seems as though this guy is undeniably listing stuff under his name, at 50% higher prices, and at least in one case without the owner's consent. The examples above are clear - there is no doubt. So what is it about the facts that anger you?

Since he spells and composes at a grade school level,I get the same impression,Bosleyjr.

WTF does a girl's death have to do with losing $10,000????

Since he spells and composes at a grade school level,I get the same impression,Bosleyjr.

Most of the folks here express themselves pretty darned well. For those that post constructively, in good faith, I try to ignore misspellings and work to understand logical incongruities. The guys here mostly know more about machining than I'll ever know, so if they overlook my lack of experience, I surely would be inconsiderate to point out an occasional English gaffe.

But to posters who imply dishonesty and call my communications "bithcy [sic] woman posts"? The poster sounds more like an hysterical woman, defending her kid ("he is NOT ugly! You're just being bithcy!"), than any other posts here.

That said, I apologize for any bithcyness.

And how the hell would we know the guys daughter passed anyway? Nobodys sure who the guy is, not even him.

Hello,

TOM & SONS
Tom ~

Himes Machinery's prices are too high, which may be why you don't get feedback from people who have bought from them ... Additionally, Himes Machinery's website used to say there was warehouses in Illinois, Ohio, Minnesota, Iowa and god knows where else ... But now you look at it and the main office is in Mass and there are satellite locations in York and Bethlehem, Pa , Cincinnati and Euclid, Ohio, and Chicago, Il ... Care to explain how this fine upstanding and misunderstood machinery dealer moved locations all over the midwest in such a short period of time? If the machinery listed on web is actually from a Himes warehouse, why are all the walls behind equipment different? If your a broker just say your a broker ...

I suspect Fab_Expert = Himes = Dishonest = Douche Bag

I mean,if a little girl has died,we are all sorry. But,is the buyer supposed to roll over and play dead and say "just keep my $10,000" because if it???? What has 1 to do with the other?

Back