What's new
What's new

Foam In Place Gasket Material

tlipton

Aluminum
Hi Guys,

I'm looking for a material specification for the foam in place polyurethane door gaskets of electrical enclosures. I have done some web poking around and got frustrated with all the dead end links and sign up crap for information.

Here is what I need. I need to buy some of this material to fabricate door gaskets. Hoffman electrical enclosures uses a spray or caulking gun applied urethane foam material to seal their doors. I'm pretty sure their not the only ones using this material. I need a source for this material, or something like it. I'm thinking this stuff comes in a can or tube and gets applied like cheese spray.

If anybody has experience with or has used a specific material like this and knows where I can get my dirty grubby feelers on some please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Tom Lipton

This is the general Idea. I was hoping to find something that joe average could use with a little care and produce a decent gasket. Its starting to look like a robotic application to me.

Thanks

Tom Lipton

Attachments

• Gas1.jpg
    Gas1.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 3,015
  • Gas2.jpg
    Gas2.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 921
  • Gas3.jpg
    Gas3.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 701
Ya what is that stuff?

Lol Outdoor electrical boxes is what I was thanking and you posted it.
(pop out pictures would be nice)
Can a individual consumer buy that off the shelf?

Self skinning urethane foam

comes in many different Shore A grades, as does silicone. The urethane foam is self skinning and comes in different densities (2#, 4#, 12#, etc) and is used a lot in special effects. It is a two part mix which sets fairly quickly. (quicker in hot weather than in cold)

Try Silpak Inc. in Pomona California of special effects suppliers. They might have something that might work for you...

hth,

mike

Back