What's new
What's new

G. Dufour right angle head gear

Bmeins

Plastic
i just perchased a G. Dufour 61 mill im missing a few parts. the gear that drives the right angle head and a handel for the X. looking for parts to buy or some dimension on gear so i can make one
IMG_1806.jpgIMG_1805.jpg

" Dufour " made very good milling machines, usually they were to found in tool rooms. They didn't do big big but they were pretty versatile in design. I worked on one many years ago and I liked it.
Not much chance of getting spare parts these days.

Regards Tyrone.

Hi guys, i have just purchased a dufour milling machine not sure which model it is,
Im giving it a clean up now, seems like a very versatile robust machine.
I have a few questions the spindle bearings in the universal head look to be greased through two ball oiler type fittings and the gear looks to be periodically greased through and inspection hatch the other side looks to be oil filled has top and bottom plugs i was going to fill with iso 68 hydraulic oil as i believe from what i can find online it calls for mobil dte heavy medium any thoughts ?

i just perchased a G. Dufour 61 mill im missing a few parts. the gear that drives the right angle head and a handel for the X. looking for parts to buy or some dimension on gear so i can make one
View attachment 220337View attachment 220338

There's the gear that bolts onto the horizontal spindle. This will drive the vertical head.

THEN there's the 'extension gear' in a bracket which goes between the H spindle gear and the V head. This gives another ~10 inches of height to the V spindle over the table.

Mike.

Back