What's new
What's new

G112/G113 help

Mahinistt

Plastic
Hello i tried using G112 for making two flat sides on a rod. I have followed the example from the fanuc operators manual exactly but i still have a slight radius on the flat sides.
The mill is in the powered tool parallel to the Z axis. I use an 10mm end mill.
In the offset i keep noseradius comp on 0.
I know it is possible with this machine because it is in the manual.

I use a daewoo puma LM400 with 18i controls

2n9xonn.jpg

I see what I think is cutter deflection happening. Did you try a light finish cut with a sharp tool? The quality of surface finish on that cut makes me think the tool is dull, which will increase deflection even more. I've never seen live tooling that really looks all that sturdy, compared to a real milling machine.

"In the offset i keep noseradius comp on 0"

Do you have the radius of the tool set to 5mm in the geometry offset?
I'm think it needs the correct value in here.

Any x offsets in use? I think this can also affect your flat.

+1 on the dull tool. Is that a chrome rod you're machining? Your end mill will not enjoy that. Take a skim cut to remove the chrome first you'll see a massive difference in tool life.

Do you have the radius of the tool set to 5mm in the geometry offset?
I'm think it needs the correct value in here.

Only if you are programming the center of the tool, if you are programming the Tool or "Wear" then it doesn't need anything.

OP this is a Lathe with no Y axis right? What you are looking for is an Arc move that is going to compensate XC simultaneously, this is "Rotary Compensation". What I have done in the past is increase the start and end point of the X, and increase the radius of the Arc for C. Because the Arc is toward centerline of the part.

But you'll get more information if you post in the CNC Machining sub forum up top.

R

Back