What's new
What's new

OT- Website is slooooowwww today. Time for a change of meds??

ChipSplitter

Titanium
It takes about 5-10 seconds to refresh a page. Only this website AFAIK.

Time to switch from Zoloft to Prozac..??? :D

Dev team here - we are aware of the issue and are working on a resolution. Thanks for your patience. - PM

otrit turned the site in to the NSA, they were probably double-filtering to pick up any dissidents.

LOL! That you are so oblivious to think it a joke brings tears of joy even to the extra three eyes!

:D

They introduce ZERO detectable delay.

Only use up more 'lectricity a mile or three away and not-only that Loudoun County, VA must glow to IR satellite sensors like a major Kalifornikya forest-fire. Why TF DID you think PRC Gov has aimed Biden and their other collection of drones toward shutting down the US ENERGY grid?

Just how ignorant ARE you of published information, Ashburn, Virginia, but not-only?

Why is Ashburn the Data Center Capital of the World?

And what MAE-EAST has morphed into since I was still in various logs? Could was there is No Such Agency involved?

You should read the funny-papers more often? That, too is at least "semi-public" information!

:)

Ring-road around Beijing has the HQ of another outfit as keeps tabs on folks like you and I. Cuts both ways, of course. Has been going on for ages. Will not cease.

The "old chums" don't include a lot of impatient amateurs. Serious-capable 'puters do not get tired, nor run short of storage. Data-mining goes on 24 X 7, and massively paralleled. You didn't REALLY think all that money was buying six hundred dollar TOILET SEATS did you?

Get used to that "glass house" you have BEEN living in and will remain in, rest of your loudmouthed days.

Couldn't be avoided onct you started praising DPRK and their bomb project, could it?

A PM member rat you out? No such need! The "AI" actually WORKS!

"Too late NOW!"

naif!

It takes about 5-10 seconds to refresh a page. Only this website AFAIK.

Time to switch from Zoloft to Prozac..??? :D

I use to help run a sports forum and we had this option called miserable user that would make things load real slow and sometime time out. Maybe you got put in double secret probation by the mods. :)

I use to help run a sports forum and we had this option called miserable user that would make things load real slow and sometime time out. Maybe you got put in double secret probation by the mods. :)

Doesn't help. They can throttle the most "miserable Luser" as ever trolled - our notorious COVID orphan, the Walla Walla Whining Wild Turkey drama-queen, down to the original 1898 internet speed of 4 WPM simplex phantom telegraph ...

...and he is still posting at the same rate by repeating the same traffic with too few new characters to need any significant bandwidth!

Oy! talk about "keep doing it over until you get it RIGHT?"

Last edited:
Just an issue with meds? Way, way back when I worked in the foreign car garage we had a mechanic one day that was fit to be tied. He had an engine overhaul to do and had come in all prepared having previously taken his 'go fast' pills. Only problem, the machine shop hadn't finished the block yet.

Just an issue with meds? Way, way back when I worked in the foreign car garage we had a mechanic one day that was fit to be tied. He had an engine overhaul to do and had come in all prepared having previously taken his 'go fast' pills. Only problem, the machine shop hadn't finished the block yet.

"Shit happens." Or sometimes goes badly when it does NOT happen?

Could be worse.

Biz partner of mine had the contract for a major HKG property outfit to load the entire HKG Government buildings department as-built drawing records off 300-plus CD's they sold to a RAID1 array on a server we had built to make them mouse-click on-demand to desktops all over HKG.

Hard drive failed, "best" of his technicians swaps in a new blank HDD, starts the many-hours-long RAID re-mirroring process, goes off to other work.

No problem. Server ran the job to completion, no further attention required. Delivered two identical RAID 1 disks, exactly as asked for.

Wudda saved him two weeks labour reloading from 300-odd CDs if he had selected the blank drive as "target" of the data rather than the source of it?

Might even have kept his job if he hadn't done exactly the same thing a second time before two months were out. Go figure!

Client might have even kept the CONTRACT he hadn't insisted on Seagrrrrrrate "Barracuda" fast HDD instead of our usual pairing of a Western-Digital "Black", with an IBM/Hitachi, both server-grade goods, and UNlikely to fail same time, if even fail at all.

DAMNED few ever did - even at a high multiple of their predicted life budgets. *BSD Unix' UFS puts about 20% of the wear on a HDD of Microsnot's OS and thrash-ass NTFS.

Back