What's new
What's new

Geka Ironworker Value?

Scott R

Hot Rolled
Maybe you guys can help me on this one?

Guy owes me money and says I can have a Geka ironworker and some other machine tools in lue of payment. What is a used Geka 55 ironworker worth? It comes with a full complement of punches. Are they a good machine? I'm not a welding shop but I do a bit of fab work mostly stuff for myself and a few paying jobs. This looks like a mighty handy machine to have.

Scott

Hydraulic Ironworkers are Gold! If you don't need one throw it up in the air and someone will catch it, well almost. With a normal economy I would say an Ironworker would be as easy to sell as a good welder.
As far as value, Geka are higher end machines and worth more. Tooling is expensive as always the case. Might help if you can post what is owed to you.
And as for finding a use for it. If you are working with thicker than sheet metal I would almost guaranty you will use it. Nothing like punching or cutting or shearing something in about 5 seconds!

Geka is one of the best as Tim mentioned. I have owned about a dozen ironworkers of various brands and currently have a Geka 80 ton. A late model 55 ton in decent condition and reasonably tooled should be in the 8 to $10,000 range maybe a little more. The drawback to Geka's is when you have to buy blades and parts they are very expensive but temper that by the fact that in 8 years I have only had to replace a small "ice cube" relay. The US distributor (COMEQ) wanted $90 for it. I crossed it over through Grainger and got it for $7.

http://cgi.ebay.com/60-ton-Geka-55A...ZWD1VQQ_trksidZp1638.m118.l1247QQcmdZViewItem

Holy $hit!!!
I had no idea it was worth that much. Now I feel like I screwed the guy, but he set the price he wanted. I paid $1100 for it.

He had orginally owed me $4000 He gave me insted of payment
Marvel Mark 11 angle band saw
Andrychaw 14x40 lathe
VS Bridgeport
Morris radial arm drill

I wanted the Marvel saw, and will sell the rest. A few months later he borrowed the $1100 and that how I got the Geka.

Guy owned a small welding & fab shop and was one hell of a craftsman. But the booze and the dope finished him. What a shame

Scott

Give you $100 for the Geka and all the goodies. I'll even pay the freight.

Seriously, booze and dope have ruined many a human beiing and indirectly business. I know a guy who ran a marriage to a good woman and a whole house up his nose. What a tragedy. And we his close friends could do nothing to prevent it.

Geka, which is a spanish company, in the Basque country of northern Spain, has been making ironworkers a LOOONG time.

So there is no guarantee this is a hydraulic machine.
OP does not say.

Geka made plenty of mechanicals- still good ironworkers, but not worth ten grand.

Maybe worth 5K, in good shape.

However, if it is hydraulic, then the earlier prices mentioned are about right- 8k to 10k. A lot depends on where you are, and most things like this are worth a lot less in Ohio than up here in the Northwest.

A new 55 ton Geka, with all the trimmings, is probably close to $15,000.
Geka currently has a used 55 ton for $11,500 on their website.
http://www.comeq.com/

The newer ones come stock with x-y stops on both the punching and notching tables, and electric cut off length stops- if yours has all of those, and it looks like the ones on the GEKA website, then you got a very good deal.
But even if its 20 years old, they are great ironworkers, and hold their value pretty well.

I sure like mine.

Geka is one of the best as Tim mentioned. I have owned about a dozen ironworkers of various brands and currently have a Geka 80 ton. A late model 55 ton in decent condition and reasonably tooled should be in the 8 to $10,000 range maybe a little more. The drawback to Geka's is when you have to buy blades and parts they are very expensive but temper that by the fact that in 8 years I have only had to replace a small "ice cube" relay. The US distributor (COMEQ) wanted $90 for it. I crossed it over through Grainger and got it for $7.

Error Page | eBay

Hello

My name is Allan, and I work in GEKA.

We liked your post and we would like to know if you would like to take part of our new website (is going to be launched next month) in the testimony section.

Many thanks!

Allan

Hydraulic Ironworkers are Gold! If you don't need one throw it up in the air and someone will catch it, well almost. With a normal economy I would say an Ironworker would be as easy to sell as a good welder.
As far as value, Geka are higher end machines and worth more. Tooling is expensive as always the case. Might help if you can post what is owed to you.
And as for finding a use for it. If you are working with thicker than sheet metal I would almost guaranty you will use it. Nothing like punching or cutting or shearing something in about 5 seconds!

Hello Tim

We liked your post and we would like to know if you would like to take part of our new website (is going to be launched next month) in the testimony section.

Many thanks!

Allan

Hello Tim

Many thanks!

Allan

Are you going to dredge up every post with "GEKA" in it ?

Why not just post a fresh new introduction post, qty (1),
in the proper (fabrication) section ?

Are you going to dredge up every post with "GEKA" in it ?

Why not just post a fresh new introduction post, qty (1),
in the proper (fabrication) section ?

Thanks for the advice.

We are not going to do it very oftenly. We are just 1 month to launch our new website and we were glad to see in the forum there are happy users of GEKA machines.

Have a good day!

Back