What's new
What's new

German 3 jaw chuck ID help

climb-101

Cast Iron
I have a chuck that came with me 16x54 pacmaker lathe that im am trying to id. the only thing that is on the chuck itself is "made in germany" "forged steel" a few marks that im assuming show the way the scroll turns inside and the numbers indicating what jaw goes where. Thanks for any help you guys can give me.

the other chuck is from "wescott chuck co." made in the usa
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg

In pictures 2 and 3 show a counter bore and that was probably where the sticker with the brand was? My guess it is a Rohm brand as they were the only out fit I know of in Germany that put those stickers on the face that way. I think some of the others engraved or stamped their names on them but I'm no expert eother?
Dan

i figured the one spot was for a tag or lable that has long since been lost. I looked at some of the rohm chucks and i didnt find any that had markings that were the same.

i figured the one spot was for a tag or lable that has long since been lost. I looked at some of the rohm chucks and i didnt find any that had markings that were the same.

Scant markings, 'average' quality and finish?

Might it be possible it was (former) EAST German made as OEM kit for something (former) East Bloc'ish other than the lathe it is now with?

Lots of biz relationships survived long after the political changes, if only for lack of readily tapping 'new' outlets already commanded by 'Western' suppliers.

My guess, anyway.

Bill

Back