What's new
What's new

gm & ford bellhousing bolt pattern needed

acutron

Aluminum
Hello everyone,

Does anyone know where I can find bellhousing pattern dimensions for gm & ford? I am making a universal mounting plate for my friends dyno & have had no luck on the net. Any help would be great, Tom

Well the Ford will be easy, Just hit the wrecking yard and liberate a seperater plate that goes between the block and bellhousing, Instant pattern, Chevy bell housings should be everywhere,
Jim

The chevy pattern is published in the GM Performance parts 'Chevrolet Power' books, my 1994 edition has block prints for both BB and SB. I know I've seen the Ford patterns, I think in the old SVO catalogs but I'm not sure.

Thanks everyone,

I found what I needed @ chassis engineering. I searched for motor plates & found a ton of patterns. I need to get this plate drawn in auto cad, get back to work & cut it on the laser tonight. We are going to run two 360 sprint car motors in the morning. One Chevy & one Ford. Both have Engler injection, 13:5 comp. & run on methanol. Any guesses on wich will win lol. We are figuring both should be around 700 hp. Tom

acutron would you keep us updated on what you find on the dyno. 360 cast block alum heads? ESS sprint? I think 410 were about 700hp not too long ago.I did not realize the 360 had progressed that fast. Just curious. Depending who built them but my money is on the Ford.
Dave

For the moment, the crazy wheather pattern here is keeping us fron doing any serious pulls. The humidity in the air is too high too risk anyones motor on the dyno & it is not that critical to run these motors right now anyway. D KIRBY, in the last few years the woo motors have reached the 800+ hp range due to the super light weight rotating components along with the metanol down nozzles. The 360's are benefiting as well from theses super light cranks & rods that are on the market today. With the right components & dollars to do it, a 360 can easily get to 700+.

Old thread reactivation powers activated!!

Thanks everyone,

I found what I needed @ chassis engineering. I searched for motor plates & found a ton of patterns.

I looked them up and only found one (chassisengineering.com) that listed motor plates, but there were no dimensions or measurements listed on any of them.

There was also (chassisengineeringinc.com) but their web page is only page 1 of their catalog with no way to enter the site!:angry:

I am in need of engine to bellhousing bolt and alignment pin measurements for the small block ford and the Buick 215 V8 so I can fab up a bell housing to get a C4 to fit my 215 Aluminum Buick V8 like it was made for it.
Yeah, I know!:nutter:
I have the Buick engine and a C4 bell housing, so making a plate from or for either is no the problem.
The issue is that the the crank shaft center line is unknown for either pattern, and without that, the alignment is a wild guess.

I already have the blueprints for the Chevy 90 degree V6 small and big block V8's.
They were the only ones I could find on line so I saved them even though I don't need them right now unless I decide to use a Powerglide in the near future.

Advanced Adapters used to have a lot of dimensions. It was for identifying and deciding which adapter for mixing and matching jeep parts with others.

They gave enough info that I built an adapter plate from their catalog.;)

JAckal:cheers:

Try a serch under V8 Rover,.... very popular engine over here, lotsa tuning houses etc.

Been there and even to Australia harassing the Leyland owners for anything on the P76 (The name for their 4.4 liter version of the 215 V8).

Advanced Adapters used to have a lot of dimensions. It was for identifying and deciding which adapter for mixing and matching jeep parts with others.
They gave enough info that I built an adapter plate from their catalog.;)
JAckal:cheers:

Been there as well, but I need the engine bell housing pattern with the crank shaft center line.

I already have the Ford and Chevy patterns for the Powerglide and C4 transmissions.

Is Buick V6 the same pattern? That might be an avenue to pursue - Jeep, etc..

Another thought, Is measuring the block you have out of the question?

Is Buick V6 the same pattern? That might be an avenue to pursue - Jeep, etc..

Another thought, Is measuring the block you have out of the question?

Measuring my block is my last resort as I am unemployed and going to school right now for career change towards AutoCad, but it's just more $$$ than I have right now to get a shop to do it.

I might get lucky and the local college just might have a milling machine tall, and wide enough to do it.

A photo or copy of factory blueprints are often most accurate.:bawling:

I saved all the $$$ and work by looking on line for the other Ford and Chevy small block patterns that I found.:cheers:

Back