What's new
What's new

H&G die head information needed

oliverdude

Hot Rolled
I bought the H&G die head at the link below along with a Geometeric head. I had never seen or heard of an H&G until then, but I wanted the Geometeric. I would like to start using it, but I haven't had much luck finding chasers and other information for this one. The information on the head is as follows:
H&G
Style MM Size 102
Eastern Mach. Screw Division
New Haven, Conn.

My questions; Is the manufacturer still in business are chasers still available and what would be a fair price to ask for it if I decide to sell rather then use it?
Thanks.

H&G die head

That's a 100 series head. You'll need a set of carriers and a yoke to open and close it. There are lots of chasers and parts available on Ebay. There are many brands to choose from. Any 100 chasers and carriers should fit it. The yoke will probably need to be specific to that brand, and it's not cheap if you have to buy new.

I have an H&G Geometric Die Head Style DM Size 00 with 5/8" Shaft and I'll be darned if I can see where you make pitch adjustments on the unit. I have used geometric die heads quite extensively but never a H&G... does anyone know where the adjustment mechanism is??

Back