What's new
What's new

H&W Machine repair customer review and recommendation.

I know that you're fairly new to the board. Welcome

If you'd go to the Bridgeport/Hardinge section, you'd find that John from H&W is an active participant. You'd also note that guys like me have been stating their virtues for a long, long, time.
JR

I've bought a few powerfeeds and a DRO from H&W, and they were very helpful when I was figuring out what I needed. More than that, I've sent two vari-speed bridgeport heads out to them and received rebuilt ones back, and they run great and are very quiet. Price was very good as well.

I also exchanged BP heads. A minor problem was that I bought and asked for a power drawbar to be installed which for however got neglected. They offered to had the head returned at their expense to install the power unit which I thought was nice. The quality of their workmanship is superb. No rattle can rebuilds from these folks.

I have also dealt with them on DRO readout repairs and encoders. Very helpful.

The most wonderful characteristic in this day and age is someone that will return phone calls quickly.

Tom

For me, they took the time to pull parts from an old M-Head they had and charged very reasonable prices for obsolete parts. Also a great place to get that little push lube thing for those of us without one-shot systems!

Thanks for all the love guys! We showed everyone at the shop the video.

We try to help people keep their machines up and running. It's in our blood (if my sons take to the shop, itll be the 4th generation of Barry's family that has been in H&W) to take pride in not only our products/services, but our brand.

Seriously though, I really do appreciate the comments. Ill make sure to pass them on to the shop.

Jon
H&W Machine Repair

PS - Tom, I would get on our head department... but thats my father in law and sister in law... so I don't have much sway there :P Im glad it got resolved.

We try to help people keep their machines up and running. It's in our blood (if my sons take to the shop, itll be the 4th generation of Barry's family that has been in H&W) to take pride in not only our products/services, but our brand...

Jon - For a small Rockwell mill, can you supply a manual push-lube? Don't need a full Bijur system on that machine. Would appreciate info on use & installation as well. Please PM me and we can take it from there. Incidently, I tried to use the link on your website to sign up for receiving your newsletter but my request bounced back as undeliverable.

-Marty-

Yep, H&W is at the top of my list of top-notch companies. My first experience with them earlier this year, and easily the best company I dealt with this year - probably in the past 5 or more years!

Interesting because I've had nothing but problems with them. Very big problems. I'll never use them ever again.

No actually I'm not in a minority. I was warned about them before I started dealing with them. So keep using them, one day a problem will arise then you will see for yourself. And then you'll understand why a family run business is a just a good ol boy network made up of family members.

No actually I'm not in a minority. I was warned about them before I started dealing with them. So keep using them, one day a problem will arise then you will see for yourself. And then you'll understand why a family run business is a just a good ol boy network made up of family members.
Factual evidence ?

I said my experience with them. So now I'm under trial because you're fan boi's of H&W? I'm supposed to be in agreement with you? I said, I've had nothing but problems with them. I was warned about them prior to using them. I don't need to provide anything else. If I've had problems with them, then I've had problems with them. End of story. My mill table came back damaged so I'm currently waiting on an inspection of the table by a shop with large straight edges. And I've had a lot more issues going back to sept of 2022. But I'm sure I'm just making that up too right? Because Oh H&W! They are so great. Oh baby H&W. Ohh, ohhh, uuhh. Oh yeah H&W! Yeah give it to me H&W! Harder! Faster! yeah! Yeah! Yeah! YEESSSS! H&W!!!!!! ~ [Ie; the Harry met sally scene in Katz restaurant] ~ Thats the problem with you fan boi's, you don't listen or hear ANYTHING other than what's inside of your narrow-minded narrative!

I said my experience with them. So now I'm under trial because you're fan boi's of H&W? I'm supposed to be in agreement with you? I said, I've had nothing but problems with them. I was warned about them prior to using them. I don't need to provide anything else. If I've had problems with them, then I've had problems with them. End of story. My mill table came back damaged so I'm currently waiting on an inspection of the table by a shop with large straight edges. And I've had a lot more issues going back to sept of 2022. But I'm sure I'm just making that up too right? Because Oh H&W! They are so great. Oh baby H&W. Ohh, ohhh, uuhh. Oh yeah H&W! Yeah give it to me H&W! Harder! Faster! yeah! Yeah! Yeah! YEESSSS! H&W!!!!!! ~ [Ie; the Harry met sally scene in Katz restaurant] ~ Thats the problem with you fan boi's, you don't listen or hear ANYTHING other than what's inside of your narrow-minded narrative!

:nutter::nutter: :nutter: :nutter:
I guess I don't have to justify my opinion either then. In fact, I don't even have to explain what my opinion is.

... you drug up an almost 5 year old thread to state an opinion about a company without any context, and are annoyed that you were asked for more details about your experience?

On edit: THANK YOU for bringing up your experience, but without any further information, it makes it hard for people looking for insight before dealing with a company. You call out these guys as "fan boys," but there's lots of positive documented cases on this forum of guys working with this company. Every establishment has "Karen's" walk in and storm out no matter how good the service is. How much you share is what separates you from them.

Last edited:
H&W is one of those rare ”real” businesses that provide excellent customer service, quality products, and will actually communicate when asked a question by email or phone. I’ve had nothing but excellent interactions with the . And they provided a top-notch DRO and individualized installation advise to a friend who just added the DRO to his BP clone. He had not dealt with them before and was amazed by the support he got from them. ( Note to H&W who may read this post: I’m talking about Eric J in Bellingham.). The DRO was no different in price from other sources. But the service was—-in a good way.

Denis

Back