What's new
What's new

H13 Slot Tolerance Question

M3Woody

Plastic
I have a print for a pin approx 4.00 Diameter with a slot across one end. The width of the slot is 10.5mm with an H13 tolerance called out. What I am trying to figure out is what is the H13 tolerance and how to apply it to the slot width. I did find one chart on the internet that seemed to say that the tolerance was +.27 / -0 . If that is true, the slot width would then be 10.5 / 10.77. Just hoping that someone can provide some insight to how this shoud be interpeted.

Thanks,

Woody

I have looked at my charts, both German and Japanese, and i cant find any callouts over H10. However, if you found one that says +.27/-0, then you are correct in your interpretation.

I usually go to the Misumi site technical data when I need info fast. Here's a link to the chart I refer to: JIS B0401 Good Luck! -Mike

Same here. Found one that goes to H11, which is -0/+.11 for a 10.5mm hole (or slot). H will always be -0/+something. Increasing numbers mean greater limits, so your +.27 sounds reasonable. Translated to 'merican, minus nuthin, plus about 10 thou, which makes it sound quite a bit tighter than +.27 :D

Woody,
H13 is a pretty sloppy fit. You're right, the tolerance goes to the big side for holes. My charts only go up to H9 and for that size hole the tolerance is +0.09mm (0.0035"). If you found one that says 0.27 that's about +0.010".
JR

Woody, I see similar stuff on some parts we do...the slot is likely for a retaining plate, which is probably 10mm thick. These do not need to be precision fit, as there is usually .5mm or 1mm clearance between the retaining plate and the slot to begin with, so your +.27mm or +.010" is very likely correct.

Back