What's new
What's new

Haas VF-3 VS. Mazak VCU

IntriCut

Plastic
Considering a Haas VF-3. also in the running is a Mazak VCU 500 or NEXUS 530

I tend to steer away from the Mazak VCU because of the stationary table and reduced rigidity in regards to the nexus or vf3 which can run a 50 taper.
We will be running large drills and doing moderate/heavy milling
Fairly general machining, mostly mild steel.

It's to replace a 4020 fadal.

Thoughts?

VCN 530C Base price: $ 131,900

This is a quote from late last year,

I figure with the nice chip conveyor & the reinshaw part probe,
adds another 30, so at 160, on my wish list. A discount off that, but I am not sure how much of a discount, anyway I think the Hass would be nice, but I am leaning toward the 530...

Check out an Okuma Genos560V. Great machine with a C40 big plus 15k 30hp 150ftlb spindle. You can get one for around 130k with chip conveyor and probes.

Considering a Haas VF-3. also in the running is a Mazak VCU 500 or NEXUS 530

I tend to steer away from the Mazak VCU because of the stationary table and reduced rigidity in regards to the nexus or vf3 which can run a 50 taper.
We will be running large drills and doing moderate/heavy milling
Fairly general machining, mostly mild steel.

It's to replace a 4020 fadal.

Thoughts?

You seriously think the Haas is stronger than the Mazak in terms of rigidity and horsepower? :confused:

Check out Brother S1000 High Torque. Capable of drilling 2" in mild steel, 3" by predrilling with 2" see pic. Also can tap over 1"-8 in mild steel.20160916_142359.jpg. 40 x 20 envelope. I am sure your local representative would be happy to demonstrate for you and answer any questions you may have. These are a great Fadal replacement IMHO.

Last edited:
Probably get better/more responses over on the CNC Machining forum : http://www.practicalmachinist.com/vb/cnc-machining/

Back