What's new
What's new

Haas vf6 dnc problems

Dave61072

Plastic
Hi im new to this forum so please bear with me
I have a 1996 haas vf6 in great condition*
I am trying to drip feed to it as some of my programs are up to 90mb using a stand alone pc next to the cnc i am using remo dnc by easy dnc
I have all the settings right according to many online posts ive read but i keep getting various error codes*
Parity error
Framing error
Invalid code (even though the program has ran before)
The machine stops moving in xyz but the spindle keeps going
I contacted haas uk to see about a memory upgrade so i didnt have to dnc but they told me i had to replace the whole control pendant at a cost of 12 grand uk sterling
This seems mad for more memory so i dont have to dnc*
Has anyone any experience with the usb to parallel port things you see online where the little gadget replaces the pc see link below from shopfloor automations Usa

Shop Floor Automations - Shop Floor Hardware - CNC Solutions ... b-connect/

Also can the memory be upgraded at a more sensible cost*
You would think it would be a replacement mother board and new memory chip but certainly not 12 grand
All and any help is massively appreciated

We had one in work for cutting tensile test peices, it was doing all sorts of odd things, it took me 3 months to sort it as the damn fault was intermittent,
It turned out to be the cable beneath the sliding covers behind the table to the table on a cat track affair, there was a broken conductor in one of the bunch, I had to cut the lot and splice them with heat shrink adhesive lined crimps, butt splice ray chem ones, it cleared the problem, I spoke to them recently, it's still going well after a year (I retired but sometimes wonder if it's just a holiday) replacing the cable was going to be a nightmare so splicing was the next best thing, I suppose it will outlast the machine as they don't last long in industry.
Mark

Hi im new to this forum so please bear with me
I have a 1996 haas vf6 in great condition*
I am trying to drip feed to it as some of my programs are up to 90mb using a stand alone pc next to the cnc i am using remo dnc by easy dnc
I have all the settings right according to many online posts ive read but i keep getting various error codes*
Parity error
Framing error
Invalid code (even though the program has ran before)
The machine stops moving in xyz but the spindle keeps going
I contacted haas uk to see about a memory upgrade so i didnt have to dnc but they told me i had to replace the whole control pendant at a cost of 12 grand uk sterling
This seems mad for more memory so i dont have to dnc*
Has anyone any experience with the usb to parallel port things you see online where the little gadget replaces the pc see link below from shopfloor automations Usa

Shop Floor Automations - Shop Floor Hardware - CNC Solutions ... b-connect/

Also can the memory be upgraded at a more sensible cost*
You would think it would be a replacement mother board and new memory chip but certainly not 12 grand
All and any help is massively appreciated

I had the 16 meg upgrade done on my 1996 VF3 about 10 years ago when I bought the machine. The upgrade required the new motherboard and a new Mocon board as well, because the software update to use the extra memory required a newer Mocon as well. IIRC, the cost was about $1600 for the memory, I can't recall what the Mocon cost, but they did not hose me that badly.

In your case, 16 meg's isn't going to help so I don't know what an even bigger capacity memory upgrade would involve......sounds more like you need a machine with a hard drive in it. My machine still only permits 38K baud upload speed, so that's pretty slow to load even 5 or 6 megs......90 megs might take an hour, so consider what baud rate you can get as well with your update. If you have to repost the program because you've edited in some changes, that time delay gets quite annoying.

Had the same thing going with ours ended up doing control upgrade. Best move for aggravation we have made. It just works now. Bought a 300.00 usb wireless hard drive that supports a 128mb. If I want bigger just plug in a 16gib usb stick and run direct off that. No more running out of code or scrambled code.

Back