What's new
What's new

Hyster 55 Monotrol Problem (wont go forward)

lfdiniz86

Aluminum
I have a hyster 55 with the monotrol pedal (eletronic), its been sitting in the shed for a long time and i finally decided to repair it. Basically it goes backwards but it wont go forward. Any help will be welcolme.

Diniz

Start simple and work to the complex. E brake off, Hydro fluid up to fill line. Although I suspect these are not your problems since it goes in reverse. Check the pedal make sure your switches are working. Still nothing? On the transmission housing if I remember correctly there are two solenoids rev and fwd, disconnect them (noting wire position), apply appropriate voltage to each in turn listen very carefully for the click than means they are pulling in. If they both pull in then your problem is in-between the pedal and solenoids. I would also inspect the wiring as well cause shed + time + critters = chewed thru wires. OOH also contacts, clean all you can get to. Hope this helps, but as always as i said start with the obvious and go from there, equipment that has been mothballed is usually an easy fix once you find the problem:D

Thanks for the help Doug, im getting confident with the tips you gave me, i see a light at the end of the tunnel. I'll going to fallow your steps this week and see what i can do, ill post some pics and hopefully the solution!

Regards ;)

Diniz

Back