What's new
What's new

Hardinge Sjogren Collet Chuck Questions

Seeders

Plastic
Does anyone know if Hardinge made the Sjogren speed collet chuck in a 5C size for a L0 spindle mount? I'm looking to get a collet chuck on my 15" LeBlond Regal and one of those seems the best way to do so if I can find one with the L0 spindle mount. Another option would be to find one I could mount to a backing plate but I'd rather not deal with the extra work to do so if I can avoid it.

Alternatively, does anyone have any experience with the 2J to 5C collet adapters that are available? I'm trying to avoid piecing together a full set of 2J collets as I already have all the 5C collets I need. I've seen one or two of the Hardinge chucks for the L0 spindle in the 2J size and would be happy with that if the adapters are worth the money.

Any advice for getting a good 5C collet chuck on my LeBlond would be greatly appreciated. Planning on moving my shop soon and may not be able to take the beloved Hardinge HLV-H I currently use.

I don't have my Sjogren catalog handy, but I want to say "yes" to L0 mount. Certainly they did at least one long-nose L-series mount, because I corresponded with someone helping them figure out what they had. However, the L-series mounts are much less common than the D-series mounts or flatbacks. If you're willing to wait a few years, another L-series will probably appear. If you want to use the chuck anytime soon, you will probably have to adapt a flatback.

Back