What's new
What's new

Hardinge Vertical TMUM

preacherman

Plastic
I have a vertical Hardinge TMUM very old. I saw a post some time ago where someone had a parts/service manual for this unit. I can't get parts from anybody I could find. If someone out there has the manual I will pay to have it copied and sent to us. It is a great little machine and has some worn bushings. I can make the parts if need be unless someone out there knows where I can purchase them.20180425_101912[1].jpg20180425_172343[1].jpg

I have a vertical Hardinge TMUM very old. I saw a post some time ago where someone had a parts/service manual for this unit. I can't get parts from anybody I could find. If someone out there has the manual I will pay to have it copied and sent to us. It is a great little machine and has some worn bushings. I can make the parts if need be unless someone out there knows where I can purchase them.View attachment 226923View attachment 226924

That is a Hardinge vertical bench miller model BB2V. It is much smaller than a TM or UM floor model horizontal mill. It takes 2VB collets that are rare, but I have a few for sale.

Hardinge also made a horizontal bench miller, model BB4. Most of the parts are identical between the two ball bearing head under drive bench millers. They were introduced around 1935, on wood-top benches, and were still being made some time after 1946. The steel cabinet was introduced around 1940.

Some of the parts, like the table and feed screws, were based upon the Hardinge Cataract bench millers introduced around 1909. The feed screws have 7/16-10 square threads, not acme.

I have never seen an operator manual, nor have I needed one for such a simple machine. I do have some sales literature. The serial number is stamped on one of the round covers on the side of the head, and there is a date chart available. My BB2V was made in 1936 and my BB4 was made in 1946.

Looks like you are missing the two motor control levers, so maybe someone tossed the original two-speed three-phase motor and controls.

Larry

BBV2 Brochure - 001.jpg BBV2 Brochure - 002.jpg Hardinge BB2V bench mill descr 1946 brochure.jpg 2VB 6pc 3.jpg BB4 Brochure - 001.jpg

Back