What's new
What's new

Has anyone ever seen one of these Landis EDM Machines?

rustyclockwork

Aluminum
Bought this from a really nice English gentleman in Southern Indiana. This was made in England in the 1960's (I'm assuming) and it's perfect for my shop's use. I think I paid about $800 and it came with a 55 gallon drum of the special fluid.

Fully functional, if anyone has info on it, I sure would love to hear from them. Sorry I couldn't get the image to rotate, it was oriented vertically on my computer (might be something to do when I rotated the image on my iPhone). Photos are in his shop, when I first picked it up.

Jason

IMG_1289.jpgIMG_1290.jpg

I can't tell you anything about those machines other than I have seen a few at auctions many years ago ,they didn't look as nice as yours but they are by far the oldest EDM machines I have ever seen ,I won't tell you what they went for.

Oh I understand, I just don't have the time to go to auctions anymore, and this machine is absolutely perfect for my needs, it's not very complicated, and I make small parts, I was just wondering how rare these things are. I have no idea what the 55 gallon drum of the special fluid is worth or even what the proper name is for that stuff. I picked up a completely original AMMCO shaper from the guy as well for $300, I had a 7 inch Delta before and sold it.

It uses vacuum tubes, so I figured in my spare time I would source some replacement tubes on eBay. I'm not sure what type of capacitors are used on this thing, but those are generally what fails if they are the old paper housing types... (Haven't really looked under the hood yet).

I can't tell you anything about those machines other than I have seen a few at auctions many years ago ,they didn't look as nice as yours but they are by far the oldest EDM machines I have ever seen ,I won't tell you what they went for.

Back