What's new
What's new

Help with FUTABA Pulscale DRO

matt954cbr

Plastic
I recently acquired a Futaba Pulscale DRO - model CJ2004 (2 axis) digital readout which I have installed on my 9 x 42 bridgeport mill. The problem Im having is that the resolution and accuracy settings seem to be off. .200" of table movement in reads 4.00" on readout... There have been previous threads on this topic (most recently about 6 years ago) in which people have found old manuals and transferred them via e mail in PDF form. I have scoured the internet searching for any type of setup manual... The closest I could get was an operators "card" but this had no information on how to access the setup menu of the unit. From what I was able to find (which was very little) the setup menu is accessed via a sequence of button presses and then the setup parameters can be adjusted. Two double a batteries power the internal memory and because this unit was out of service for years... the batteries died causing it to lose any save parameters. I also found that there are other models with dip switches on the internal circuit boards but this unit has none. If anyone has a copy of a manual or experience with using one of these DROs your assistance and/or advice would be greatly appreciated!

I have a PDF I can send you. It's about 10MB, so an email address will be best if you want a copy. Send me a private message with your email.

Last edited:
Many thanks to you specfab! I was able to use the manual you sent and reset factory parameters, the DRO is working great!

need futaba pulscale manual

I have a Futaba CJ2004 and I could really use a copy of the manual you scanned. Can you help? Not sure how to send you my email.

I'm new to the site and not sure how to send a private message so hopefully someone is still monitoring this thread. If someone could send me a copy of the Pulscale manual mentioned above that would be awesome. Thanks in advance

Hi i have been looking for this manual too, please could you send me the pdf. i know this post is old but i need that manual please.

To anyone who still needs a copy of this manual, please either send me a Private Message via this site including your email address, or post your email address here if you can't figure out the private message setup. I recommend using private message.

I will most likely send a single email to the group of respondents. Please note that the file is a scan of the manual, and it's about 11MB in file size.

Thanks --

Hi ,
Can you help me to send PDF for manual Futaba DRO CJ 2004 . I also have same problem for setting parameter .Thankyou

Spec fab HELP!

To anyone who still needs a copy of this manual, please either send me a Private Message via this site including your email address, or post your email address here if you can't figure out the private message setup. I recommend using private message.

I will most likely send a single email to the group of respondents. Please note that the file is a scan of the manual, and it's about 11MB in file size.

Thanks --

Yes I,d Love that PDF of the Manual my 1/2" reads .100024 need to fix it for a job [email protected]
Thank You!

Help Futaba Pulsescale CJ2004 Manual

I have a PDF I can send you. It's about 10MB, so an email address will be best if you want a copy. Send me a private message with your email.

Spec fab
I really need the manual for a job
LivinMetal at G mail dot com
Thank you

I am in desperate need of this information also. I have sent a private message with my email.

I have Pulsescale CJ2004 DRO that the X Axis needs to be re calibrated as the backup batteries corroded and unit was not plugged in for 8 years- Do you have a copy of document. I have the original manual but it is written in Chinglish almost impossible to understand - any help appreciated

Pulscale CJ2004 Scale

I recently acquired a Futaba Pulscale DRO - model CJ2004 (2 axis) digital readout which I have installed on my 9 x 42 bridgeport mill. The problem Im having is that the resolution and accuracy settings seem to be off. .200" of table movement in reads 4.00" on readout... There have been previous threads on this topic (most recently about 6 years ago) in which people have found old manuals and transferred them via e mail in PDF form. I have scoured the internet searching for any type of setup manual... The closest I could get was an operators "card" but this had no information on how to access the setup menu of the unit. From what I was able to find (which was very little) the setup menu is accessed via a sequence of button presses and then the setup parameters can be adjusted. Two double a batteries power the internal memory and because this unit was out of service for years... the batteries died causing it to lose any save parameters. I also found that there are other models with dip switches on the internal circuit boards but this unit has none. If anyone has a copy of a manual or experience with using one of these DROs your assistance and/or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Did you ever resolve this issue - I have a similar problem where one my memory batteries went dead and I lost the programming so one of my axis multiplies the reading by 2.5 so 1" reads 2.5" on the DRO. I have the manual for my Pulscale CJ2004 and some cryptic notes the last owner wrote in it that I think indicates how to reset the memory but I can't decipher the sequence. Did you ever resolve your similar issue?

Below are links to copies of the Futaba CJ and CJX operations manuals. The CJ series uses keypad inputs while the CJX uses dip switches. The CJX manual was provided in a different thread by JasonPAtkins on this site. The CJ manual was found using Google. I hope this helps, I was able to use the CJ manual to resolve a 0.006"/in error on a CJ2004. Adding to this old thread because it is all I found when first looking for this information myself.

Mike

Futaba_Pulscale.pdf - Google Drive

Cjx.pdf - Google Drive

Back