What's new
What's new

Help! I need a 16C Collet Block.

shanman

Aluminum
I posted this in the want to buy, but I thought I might also ask here if anyone has seen these anywhere. I'm looking for just a simple block to hold a 16C emergency collet to mill a form in the face to do a second op. on a part we're producing. I want one just like the 5C collet block here, but for the 16C which we run in our chuckers.

5ccolletblock.jpg

Old thread I know. I'm looking at a part that would be nice to have a 16C collet block. I could have swore I saw someone on ebay selling them but can't seem to find them now. Anyone seen a 16C collet block for sale? 3J would work too, I'd just buy the needed collets.

I posted awhile back looking for the same...

... No one makes em I guess.

:scratchchin:Hey China! Make up about a 100 thou of these!

How come we, in the States and Europe, have to make them first so that you can reverse engineer and copy them??:toetap: Can't you guy's design your own stuff???:skep:

Heh..heh...

Steve:codger:

I really thought I had seen one on ebay, seemed like a similar deal as the guy that was making step jaws for vices. Just finished going thru completed items. Couldn't find anything. Maybe I imagined it...

Last edited:
I looked for these myself, found nothing. I made my own. they are very handy, I use them quite often. Use your skills! make some for yourself, make a few extra for ebay, I bet they would sell fast.

Hardinge, Royal, and a few others are making them still.

But, I have to say - while Boss Tool Works's stuff is priced in the "painful"* zone, I have never once been left feeling that any of their product was inferior or lacking. It hurts to put up the scratch to purchase it, but you'll forget about it over time when you've come to use their stuff all the time and never have to wonder about it.
( * and yet, less than Hardinge, Royal, and others )

Having said that, NOONE'S collet blocks are as good as I would want and have found over the years that you have to fiddle with ALL of them to get them to repeat. Frankly, none of them do. It more learning to indicate each time you release and clamp it. Debris/Chips can enter the collet seating lands, the collet itself, or any other sliding interface to make one's day less than enjoyable if not enough attention to detail is paid and adhered to.

Disclaimer - I use a bunch of BTW's stuff. Happy customer, otherwise not connected.

I cannot imagine why you would be looking... LOL.

Back