What's new
What's new

Help me find a holder for this Alina dial

paintballnsk

Aluminum
I bought an Alina dial at a second hand shop. It didn't come with any holding hardware.

I don't know what the threading is on it. Can someone please help me find a magnetic holder that'll work for and can be mounted in a drill chuck on the mill?

Thanks,
Nick

20160830_233255.jpg20160830_233306.jpg

The body clamp I have is a split ring that you snugly push onto the od of that boss. Measure the od and see if it matches anything.

Search "test indicator body clamp" on eBay

Hope this helps, Teddy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The body clamp I have is a split ring that you snugly push onto the od of that boss. Measure the od and see if it matches anything.

Search "test indicator body clamp" on eBay

Hope this helps, Teddy

Ya I think there's a few on there that I think I can adapt. It would be fun to make my own a magnetic base and stuff, but for $15-30 might as well just buy one and tack one and modify it to fit.

I was hoping someone would know where I can find the alina attachments so I could have a matching set, but it looks like it's a dead company.

Thanks

That looks like a Starrett Best Test. Someone probably had them rebranded for some instrument or fixture they sold. Best Test accessories are common. Look on EBAY.

Bill

That looks like a Starrett Best Test. Someone probably had them rebranded for some instrument or fixture they sold. Best Test accessories are common. Look on EBAY.

Bill

Swiss made actually.

An excerpt from long island indicator.com

"Alina (Switzerland) indicators were made by Compac until the mid-1960's. They are no longer available and spare parts are exhausted. The Alina Model 88 indicator was a superior version of the American-made Last Word indicator."

But yes, similar to a starrett.

I know perfectly well that Best Test was made by Brown & Sharpe and the Starrett was Last Word. I have and use both and mixed them. Just another manifestation of my creeping senility.

Bill

Back