What's new
What's new

HELP! Need to source concave steel end caps like on gas cylinders.

toddmc451

Plastic
Hi there! I hope someone out there can help me. I am in need of several steel end caps of various diameters for a project I am working on. They must be the concave shape as can be found on the bottoms of welding gas cylinders, and must be steel. Will not be used for containing pressure. Prefer US made, but country of origin is not as important as price and availability. Need various diameters from 4" to 12" (possibly larger). Would like two of each size for the first phase of this project. Could possibly develop into larger bulk orders in the future.
cylinder bottom end.jpg

Location might help.

Where I live, there is a company that certifies cylinders. They can source no-good tanks easily. Find a source like that, then find someone with a Marvel or Rollin saw.

metalmagpie

The cylinder in your photo has a compound curve. If a simple concave or convex disk is needed ranch fencing suppliers furnish caps for fence posts in various sizes. These are not pressure rated but simply to keep the rain out and look good. I have gotten them in 4 1/2 inch and other sizes are available.

Back