What's new
What's new

Pictures of my dividing head

Looks good, Ichudov.

By the way, are you the guy that is an expert on Hobart Cyber -Tig welders?

I saw something about that on another site and the guy had similar name.

Welcome to Practical Machinist,

JAckal:D

Good for you! You got the very handy sized smaller version, often wish I had one, mostly when I'm lugging my 10" to a machine, to work a 2" part. So far, I've not used mine for anything the 6" wouldn't have easily handled, and with riser blocks.....

I paid a lot more for mine, $127 but when I opened the package and found it, it's tail stock and L-W chuck were BRAND NEW, still in cosmoline, the crackle paint intact on the raised surfaces surrounding the base bolt slots, oh yeah, the charts too, I was delirious!:willy_nilly:

Every time I look on ebay, under "dividing head" and see what Industrial Surplus and others think they are worth, :eek: I bow my head and touch my finger tips to my brow....:D

Bob

Good for you! You got the very handy sized smaller version, often wish I had one, mostly when I'm lugging my 10" to a machine, to work a 2" part. So far, I've not used mine for anything the 6" wouldn't have easily handled, and with riser blocks.....

I paid a lot more for mine, $127 but when I opened the package and found it, it's tail stock and L-W chuck were BRAND NEW, still in cosmoline, the crackle paint intact on the raised surfaces surrounding the base bolt slots, oh yeah, the charts too, I was delirious!:willy_nilly:

Every time I look on ebay, under "dividing head" and see what Industrial Surplus and others think they are worth, :eek: I bow my head and touch my finger tips to my brow....:D

Bob

Great score. I think that some people are seriously deluded about the vale of their stuff, like you say. I have never been like that, I buy things cheap and sell them still somewhat cheap also, I am not greedy.

Great score. I think that some people are seriously deluded about the vale of their stuff, like you say. I have never been like that, I buy things cheap and sell them still somewhat cheap also, I am not greedy.
OK, you're my hero, I buy all my stuff cheap but I just can't let any of it go, much of it unneeded. So, the cost starts to mount up, per hour of work it's actually used.....

I know how the little girl, getting her 18th Barbie Doll feels, I hug my stuff to death too, before it goes back on the shelf.....:drool5:

Bob:)

OK, you're my hero, I buy all my stuff cheap but I just can't let any of it go, much of it unneeded. So, the cost starts to mount up, per hour of work it's actually used.....

I know how the little girl, getting her 18th Barbie Doll feels, I hug my stuff to death too, before it goes back on the shelf.....:drool5:

Bob:)

my garage is full now, so i need to sell stuff. i am trying to make space for my wife' car. I have to admit that i like all that industrial stuff

Cool! I have an RT with dividing plates and tail stock, so I guess I can do similar work with that setup. Wait, I haven't learned how to use it yet, so I guess I can't :crazy: That looks easier to setup.

Back