What's new
What's new

new dro display with old scales?

matt29

Plastic
I would like to get a new dro display for my mill.It has a sony magnascale on it I,m guessing about 20 years old.The connectors from the scales are rectangular boxes that fit over circut bourds inside the display.Will a new display fit with old scales?Does anybody make adaptors? The reason I"m asking is that I was going to buy a dro for my lathe and realized all the new dro have function like bolt hole circle ect. that I could use on my mill.So I thought I woud buy a new display for my mill and use the old dsplay for my lathe and buy used scales.The scales on the mill arent the right length for my lathe. I figure I cant be the first to encounter this problem.What should I do? Just trying to save some money.

Yes

Yea you can, we have a 3 generation old Sony and it died. but the scales were good. We were going to have to get 3 cable adapter to go from the different models. they aren't cheap but cheaper than a new box. If you call and they say no find someone else because they want to sell you a whole unit.

I cant find my dro on the chart. Its a Sony Magnescale LF-200. I called sony left msg and waiting for a call back.

Just got a call back. He told me that I need 3 adapters for each cable which would be more than buying a hole new system.Anyhow,thanks for the help.

Back