What's new
What's new

Home made Surface/Blanchard grinder

Crookedmachine

Plastic
Been working on this and before any comments about waste time or safety come up i don't care bout either when im in my home shop experimentation comes first then safety then worrying about time and cost LOL:blahblah:

Attachments

• peekaboo4.jpg
    peekaboo4.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 31,117
  • peekaboo3.jpg
    peekaboo3.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 19,367
  • peekaboo2.jpg
    peekaboo2.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 20,603
  • peekaboo1.jpg
    peekaboo1.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 9,154
  • peekaboo5.jpg
    peekaboo5.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 15,441
I like this.....

In an environment heavy on experimentation you always have those old rusty scraps, parts , pieces of s*** etc that are needed for something and dont quite justify setting up the flycutter and spending like forever at getting those surfaces as good as mystery metal will be... (in other words still quite horrible)
this machine would actually be nice to have.....

Addded plus, itl be a conversation piece like no other workshop machine i have ever seen........

I could use something like that. Did you make this from scratch or modify some existing piece of machinery? Can you provide a picture of a typical surface finish?

Oh sorry of it has down feed its an auto down feed there is a clutch mechanisim in the center that catches every time you move it back and forth it moves down about 3 thou here is the finish for all you finish fanatics this is 1018 and it sucks to machine it but this machine makes nice broder area

Attachments

• Beautifulfinish2.jpg
    Beautifulfinish2.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 3,375
  • Beautifulfinish1.jpg
    Beautifulfinish1.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 3,084
@duckman
Thank God that's to much responsibility for me i made this for my own personal use because im sick of using a fly cutter and the wear and tear on my little small machine oh and i have only been using machine tools for bout month and a half with no formal training so cut me a little slack please and thanks

Actually not too different form a number of flywheel resurfacing machines that are made...
except of course the flywheel machines have a powered rotary chuck/magnet to mount the work.

Several have the swing hand feed to sweep the surface being finished...
Cheers Ross

Back